Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Buying the right amount

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Slagothor, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Alright we all know that buying in bulk saves money but I want to make sure I don't buy too much at once. I usually pick up quarters but my dealer is offering me an ounce and a half at a really good price and I'm just wondering how long the weed will stay "fresh" (idk how else to describe it) for?

With my current smoking habits that would last about 3 months. Would the weed "go bad" after that long or would it be fine? Also, are there ways to keep it fresh for longer? Thanks

2. I will be fine if it's dry and stored in a mason jar in the dark.

3. Stored in a jar in a dark place, it will last years.

Do you think that your dealer is getting freshly harvested weed every month? More likely, someone harvests a ton of it and then sells it over the course of a year until next year's harvest.

4. Cool thanks. I just didn't want to spend a big chunk of money only to have half the stuff go bad too quickly. Looks like I won't have to worry about that though :)

5. It's only going to get dry, that's the extent of the damage that could happen from storing it.

6. Should be fine if you store it in a sealed space, like a mason jar... You go through 1.5 ounces in three months? I envy you, lol.

7. I would jar it up. It's not like you're buying a bag of chips with an expiration date printed on it. Most of the weed we're smoking now was most likely harvested last year at the end of summer, so it's already old.

8. 3 months?

whoooo.. wish i coulda done dat..

jars should be good to store your goodies.