Buying seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GroDro42o, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Marijuana is now legal in MA. I can't find anywhere that talks about buying seeds. I mean, you obviously have to come by seeds to grow (aside from clones) so I would expect buying seeds is legal. My real question though is, is it legal to buy online? My gut feeling is that since I would need them shipped, it would have to go through mail which is federally controlled and since it's still illegal federally that mail ordering would be illegal.

Can anyone shine some well-informed light on this? Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Four_Hundred_Twenty, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    I ordered from Seed Supreme 4 months ago. No issues. Just ordered some Scott's OG from Attitude seed bank. I expect it to go well also. Maybe it seems a bit cavalier but, I guess with the fast changing attitude towards MJ, here in Michigan anyhow, I really didn't give it much thought. I know we're talking federal law here not state though. I suppose if we were all REALLY worried about it that much, we wouldn't be posting pictures of our gardens etc. on an Internet for forum. Trust me, if the government wanted to find you through your ID on here, I'm sure they could, in all of probably 5 minutes, 2 of which will be spent on the phone trying to figure out what government hacker to use. I like to hope that eventually we won't be worth bothering with and that we're headed in that direction now.

I researched a lot before I bought seeds. I couldn't find one seed bank in the US.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You are right it's not legal to order seeds yet, but that being said I have never heard of anyone being arrested for ordering seeds

• Like Like x 1
  4. The situation as I understand it is that it's illegal to sell seeds in the US, which is why all of the seed banks you order from online are from overseas. That being said, possession of seeds in the US, at least in a medical/legal state, is 100% legal so once they get here you're good.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I'm from MA and I've gotten 2 orders from The Vault with no problems. Pretty wide variety of seeds plus chill dudes run the customer service. They take cards too. If your package gets seized they'll send you a new pack.

6. And you'll be in no legal trouble.

7. #7 IvanaGrow, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    Hi. I am in MA also. I have ordered from true north in Canada. They take USA credit cards, customer service was great, and got my seeds in 6 days.

You are correct there is no info out there about seeds...the new law says we can grow, but nothing about how we can purchase seeds TO grow. Im confused too. If you have a medical card you can go to the dispensary, but I dont have mine yet.

8. I have bought my seeds from https://amsterdammarijuanaseeds.com
    they are very discrete. and they get here pretty fast coming from amsterdam

9. Technically owning a buying seeds is legal however they will often be confiscated by shipping because the government doesn't want people growing them. There are some legit seed banks that ship to the US and will replace your order if it's confiscated. Herbies is a reliable seed bank however they only take money order now. Nirvana seeds Attitude seeds and The Vault are also good seed banks but do some research and look up a few reviews before buying anything. Good luck on your grow bud.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I live in Mass. and just planted my first seeds from Southern Oregon Seeds. Ordered online, paid with money order and received seeds in less than a week. No worries. Even got extra seeds as a surprise!

11. I just placed an order from the vault about 15 minutes ago hope it all goes well an ill be planting germinating my 3 northern light x big bud seeds plus my free super queen i got sometime soon