Buying my first vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by frank1985, Jul 13, 2017.

1. #1 frank1985, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    Hey guys, i'm looking to buy a quality vape that will replace my blunts...I've narrowed it down to these 3

Crater 420 -

Crafty Portable Vape -

I may be able to stretch for one of these if it's really worth spending extra?

Mighty Vapourizer -

What do you think? Am open to other suggestions also.

2. The Vapium Summit+ is a good vape, if you want another to look at. It has pretty much all the features the Pax 3 has, and it's $150 new, though you can occasionally find it right around $100 if you catch it right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I've been using the Yocan Evo for some time, works great for me!

4. Thanks for your suggestions...

After a little more research I think I might settle on the Arizer Air...has anyone tried this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. That one is for only dry flower I believe? I prefer an extracts vape but to each their own!

6. Try putting in MFLB there quality vapes man and you get a lifetime guarantee with it so if anything goes wrong you'll get a replacement :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  7. I got an MFLB. And I just recommended the Vapium Summit+..... Sure, the MFLB is good. When it's plugged into the wall. It's almost as good plugged into the car. And it's just not worth the time to carry it around with batteries. Agree, disagree, don't care. To me, it's not a great vape without a lot of juice.

• Like Like x 1

8. I dont own a mflb myself ive just heard a lot of good stuff about them, I did have a Snoop Dogg G Pen it was decent till the coil burnt out

9. I love my DaVinci after 2+ years of daily use and zero issues..very good temp control and battery life...

10. Mighty would be your best bet. It is simply the best vaporizer out there. Crafty is on par in terms of vapor quality, but defect rate is unacceptable.

11. That's what I went for in the end :) I figured if i'm going to replace baccy i may as well go for something top of the range.

12. I've owned the mighty, and it gave wonderful, powerful hits, with no effort. No packing it a certain way, or having a learning curve to get a good hit. From thorough reviews I've read, the davinci is similar, but has better reliability.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Sure, I think that Magic Flight should be more transparent about the fact that if you really want to turn their vape into a daily driver, you're gonna have to drop some cash on accessories. But minimally, those accessories only need to be the PA and finishing grinder. You can buy a MFLB off of their website that will come with a PA instead of batteries for an extra $20. Considering a local dispensary is selling them for $80, that's a pretty good deal. So $140, plus $25 and you're at $165 for a vape that you can get replaced for free for the rest of your life. I personally paid $120 for the box, $16 for an extra set of batteries/trench brush/draw stem, $25 for the finishing grinder, luckily got a PA used for $30, and an Orbiter that after shipping was within $5 of $100. But one doesn't have to get an Orbiter. There are shops around town that have both the UFO and Bottle Rocket that both allow you to run the MFLB through a water piece just as effectively. So assuming someone doesn't want to jump right into an Orbiter like I did(this is my second box. I got my first right after they came out and sold it due to financial problems,) they could add the UFO or Bottle Rocket and have a full MFLB setup with water for $195. If you like the MFLB it isn't a bad deal. I just don't like the fact that they more or less try to sell people on the idea that $120-$125 will get you a vape that will keep you happy for life. It will get you an an engine that runs a much larger machine for life, or a good backup for life, but to make it a daily driver, the accessories are a deal breaker. That being said, I have a lot of vapes, and I like it more than my Pax 3(which I've had longer.)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. For me, it's the lack of portability and quality simultaneously. It's a great rig. I won't get rid of it. But it only runs well when plugged into the wall.

• Like Like x 1
  15. For sure. And with the technology around batteries these days, I kind of feel like they *could* be doing better in that department if they really wanted to be. In the time that they've been mass manufacturing vaporizers, I believe they've redesigned the batteries 3 times. With their current batteries, after one use, they say you should only expect one trench per battery. And they really are all over the place. I have 3 sets of batteries. They all have different amounts of power, and sometimes they'll put out a few good rips. But the way I use the MFLB(stacking, while taking multiple hits,) it just kills them too fast. If I have to decide on a portable, Pax 3 wins every time. Session vape that I can totally control via my phone. But it doesn't get me as lit as the MFLB when used properly does. It's just a lot easier.

16. I can't justify the Pax 3. Not when I can buy my Summit+ for $100 and it has all of the same features (except for playing Simon...). Bluetooth phone control, 8 temp settings, etc, etc. Great vape that I don't think gets enough press.

• Like Like x 1
  17. And tbh, that's a large part of why the Pax has sold so many units, while the 1 and 2 were relative crap. They paid for press. They also happened to be in Silicon Valley and got lumped in with some other startups. Well I guess they were alright for a portable, but I didn't like the old temp ranges, and the old materials required daily cleaning at the amount I use. The 3 only requires a 5 min cleaning every week or two. Much more nonstick. And being able to vape oil is nice. As well as the 1 hr charge time after usually 2 days of use. Basically what I'm saying is the 3 is a huge improvement over earlier models. But I'm not saying you can't get the same or better for cheaper. It just won't be as trendy lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. You can find the Vivant Alternate at Puffitup.com for, IIRC $59 sale price.

There is a lot more vape information at fuckcombustion.com.