Buying Fake Samsung Grow lights from Alibaba

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Headhunterpipes, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Ah nice, I couldnt find it anywhere using google :confused_2:

Still, seems rather expensive ($44) for a 122 board comparing with $79 for an Rspec 288.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. I wouldnt trust much of anything that comes off Alibaba as being authentic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Are you saying China makes fake products? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I heard a rumor.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Two phone calls everyone except one said they didn't know .

I asked about Alibaba in a phone call about 2 months ago
    I also forgot that phone number so this time I had to start off from scratch again trying to get a factual answer and both times I had to talk to several people to get to the right person .
    This is what Samsung told me ..
    Alibaba ,, King Brite and meijiu are not Samsung customers ………………..
    None of them have a Samsung accounts and none of them are authorized Samsung dealers ..

Really very easy to look up Alibaba reputation of selling knock off products considering they sale more fake products then any E commerce in the world .

This is what my research came up with researching Alibaba's products .
    American Intellectual Property, stated that China and Hong Kong accounted for 87 percent of counterfeit goods seized entering the United States,[24] and claimed that the Chinese government encourages intellectual property theft.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr...afe07083/RK=2/RS=fjAw87Bd5Skt1QGwUBf_bV0aowA-

AliExpress by AliBaba
    Is considered as the source of the majority of counterfeit products. Advancement in technology has made it easier to generate fake receipts, tags and authenticity cards used to sell counterfeit products on AliExpress.

About two years ago, AliBaba was slammed with a suit by Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent which claims that the company is doing nothing to curb the display of counterfeit products on its website. Some fake Gucci bags were advertised on AliExpress for between $2-$5, when the original retails from $795 and above.

• A recent U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee hearing revealed U.S. e-commerce sites lag far behind their international peers, namely the Chinese e-tailer Alibaba, in combating the proliferation of counterfeit goods being sold on their platforms.
    • Alibaba reports removing 96% of counterfeit listings on its site before any sales took place, according to the South China Morning Post. "We learned Alibaba’s anti-counterfeiting policies and programs are significantly more effective than any of their U.S. counterparts," Committee Ranking Member Rep. Doug Collins, R-Georgia, said in his opening statement. "I find it shocking US platforms are so far behind."
    • The witnesses who testified before the committee included representatives from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), the Automotive Anti-Counterfeiting Council and The Toy Association. Each highlighted the challenges of verifying and enforcing trademarks given the explosion of e-commerce in recent years and called for greater awareness, identification and accountability measures for consumers and platfom.
    While Alibaba's 96% catch rate seems impressive, there is more to the story. Despite its current efforts, it remains part of a broader problem of Chinese counterfeits making their way onto online platforms.

China leads all other foreign countries in the number of trademark applications filed with the agency at 11%, Canada comes in second with just 2%, according to the USPTO. Furthermore, the sheer volume of Chinese applications has increased dramatically from 5,161 applications in fiscal year 2014 to 54,064 in fiscal year 2018, according to USPTO data.

USPTO Commissioner for Trademarks Mary Boney Denison testified at the hearing that the volume has been overwhelming for the agency and it has made it increasingly difficult to verify trademark claims. As a result, it has become easier for fraudulent Chinese products to enter U.S. and international online marketplaces.

This is a particular problem with Alibaba and its two subsidiary marketplaces, Taobao and Tmall, which have been accused of being particularly poor when it came to preventing the sale of counterfeit items. As a result, the USPTO put Alibaba on its "notorious markets list" in 2016. In its most recent 2018 list, the USPTO said, "Although Alibaba has taken some steps to curb the offer and sale of infringing products, right holders, particularly SMEs, continue to report high volumes of infringing products and problems with using takedown procedures."

Counterfeits have not only affected consumer products on Amazon, but they have serious implications for global manufacturing supply chains, where identifying counterfeit parts too late can be physically dangerous and damaging to a company's brand reputation.

"U.S. Customs seizure statistics reveal that counterfeit safety components like brake pads, air bags, wheels, and suspension parts are commonplace," Joseph Cammiso, president of the Automotive Anti-Counterfeiting Council, said in his statement to the House committee. "Additional counterfeit parts reported to have been seized by law enforcement include: seat belts, oil and air filters, windshields, microchips, and spark plugs. Put simply, almost every type of auto part can be and has been counterfeited."

To combat this, the USPTO cited its efforts to increase officer training, tighten security and verification measures on its online trademark and patent application portals, and to work with private businesses, trade associations and consumers to push for more comprehensive legislation that could hold e-commerce platforms more accountable for selling counterfeit goods.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. TONS of counterfeit stuff on amazon also

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sooo kingbrite isnt an AUTHORIZED samsung dealer? Doesnt mean they are fake??

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Im not an authorized cannabis dealer..... but.....

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  9. I hear you about Gucci and YSL and all that... I’ll never buy clothing from Ali...

We’re talking about electrical components on this side, lights. It’s not as easy as slapping a gucci logo on a T-shirt...

From the working link, it was stated that ...a counterfeit product takes one brands name and applies it to another... or something like that. But none of these Alibaba.com suppliers that I’ve looked at are taking anyone’s name. Not to say you can’t find any, but common sense should have dictated you avoid them anyway, I personally buy unbranded products. Amazon is now importing and branding Chinese products, electronics more than anything else, and selling it as their own.

I can set up a web marketplace, import components to my standards from whichever company/country meets my requirements, assemble fixtures, and sell them as made in the USA, legitimately.

Don’t fear monger global e-commerce with articles on fake Louis belts. Your own links quote Amazon as “Queen” of counterfeit blah blah, yet reputable companies abound.

But, you are absolutely right.

• Like Like x 2
  10. So now that we are informed that Horticulture Lighting Group Corp. is also missing from this list of authorized distributors, what do we do now? Are they now knockoffs? Somehow less than functional?

What now? Hopefully we all start buying smarter! Researching more, with the goal to gain a better comprehension. We can’t just go around talking all Willy nilly when there’s facts to be sought out, which when found, compromises the basis of one’s argument. No with the intention of sounding like a dick, if no ones clicking the links and actually reading what you write, I am. You’re sharing nonsense and opinions dressing it up as factual calls to Samsung. Just go to the website.

I can recall two complaints from people that bought from Alibaba.com, one is my own that I’ve yet to share in detail. One guy was mad he didn’t get an replacement board after a few diodes conked out like 11 months down the road. My issue is the intensity I’ve not consistent on the “RSPEC” boards. About 10,000 lux. I’m not going to raise hell about it though. As an example, @ 18” it reads 45,000 under one, 35,000 under another. Undesirable, absolutely, but not devastating. Another kit I have, A1! Going to get a few more just like it because I can say I’ve got both sides of the fence, I just like Alibaba’s side a little more! Maybe that’ll change once inger some flowers though, idk!

But good luck, with whatever it is you’re trying to accomplish. We can all dream, right?!

11. I don't want you or anyone else in here getting sold something than is anything less then what was advertised .

I think every Samsung LED light being sold by Alibaba should be questioned and researched if its genuine Samsung diodes or not just because of they're past reputation of selling knock off products

12. I bought some stuff from Alibaba years a ago and the stuff I got was knock off products ..
    I think a warning that Alibaba might be selling fake Samsung QB's is appropriate

• Like Like x 1
  13. A warning and insinuating something are two different things. You seem quite certain the lights are fake

• Like Like x 1
  14. They aren't fakes since they aren't carrying a brand name, They are copies.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kingbrite gets their Samsung Diodes from Samsung tommy liu@samsung a TO-TOP Retail Agent. So you should definately do a tad more research before BASHING a company Just because they dont CHARGE and make 1000's of dollars like ALL the name brand LED lights that charge ridiculous amounts of money for a FREAKING light....Doesn't mean that OTHER compamies from another country has to make 1000's of dollars!! The cost of a light is about $175 tops...These guys slap them together and say MADE in USA!! GREEDY ASS corperations that make billions by CHARGING insane amountgs because they KNOW ITS FOR cannabis!! like a 4x4 flood tray that cost $2 They charge $150??? or a freaking plactic pot or ANYTHING for cannabis gets jacked up ridicilous like SEEDS.....$10 for a fliiping SEED? People are so effin greedy and CAPITALIZE on OUR desire to produce and grow our own medicine.....But Yeah Tommy Liu can be reached at +86-755-86085920 for ANY question or DOCUMENTS or questions about KINGBRITE Haqve a good day and happy growing!! People often think and believe that if you pay more for a light that its going to make you a better grower WRONG!!! I can outgrow most anyone I have ever met with cheap junk LIGHTS! Its your experience and not the products EXCEPT the GENETICS part NOW THAT CANNOT BE LACKING!! Have a great day and happy growing!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. No He is a BASHER w/o EVIDENCE person who is bored and likes to bring negativity!! Like 90% of peoplein this effed up world of ours or at least in the USA!! Everyone is an expert,best growers and know EVERYTHING without solid facts or information!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. They do have a company in Shenzen. to-top so this guy is a clown. Dont waste your time with clowns just keep learning and sharing POSITIVE info with like mnded people and thats a reward in itself!! ...If he has time to call Samsung and ask about lights that He is not buying or has bought thats pretty effeing sad!! lol...I wouldnt be telling people that I got that much idle time to try to PUT down a company that working hard to make a quality light and sell for a far better price!!! Then the old CAPITALISM USA!!...He should spend his time promoting ANYBODY that attempting to DECREASE the price of anything that will promote the cannabis culture!!...Have a good day. Dont belive anything you hear and 1/2 of what you see!!....

18. I own KIND
    lights, Spectrum king,HLG, and KINGBRITE as well as Gavita...and the alibaba lights work just as good as ALL of them!!....Just like those rdwc buckets PLASTIC buckets and they charge $1000? Thats insane people think if they pay lots of money it will grow better cannabis!!LOL...I been growing since 1986 and I done time for such. So Ill be damned if I let some young noob tell me that ITEMS are counterfeit or not!! It took 4 minutes for me to get the proper info. So Keep on growing and let the haters hate!! lol....

• Agree Agree x 1