Buying a Pre Made Grow Box

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trapsoul, Nov 28, 2016.

1. first time for everything here guys. there are a few grow boxes up for sale in my area and i'd like to get some of you guys opinions on which set up you think is best.
    IMG_4668.PNG IMG_4669.PNG IMG_4670.PNG IMG_4672.PNG IMG_4673.PNG IMG_4674.PNG IMG_4682.PNG IMG_4683.PNG IMG_4685.PNG IMG_4687.PNG

2. Waste of money ... buy a tent , you will in the end anyhow ....word. IMO

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. If that "get-up" were ALOT cheaper Id say go for it....but for $250.............................NO WAY!!! Just get a tent like the members above suggested...youll be happier in the end...........IMO

• Like Like x 2
  4. +4 Tent!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  5. Total waste of money!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Buy a tent x5

I started in grow cabinet I made. I was so fucking proud of that thing. It took about 4 weeks of vegging one plant before I realized it wasn't worth shit and I bought a tent. They look really good, until you realize that half the vertical space is unusable for plant growth and you'll only ever have one decent sized plant. 4 plants in a 5 gallon DWC bucket... no way.

Just buy a 3x3 or 2x4 tent with decent lighting and you won't regret it. It'll pay for itself with the money you'll save not buying it, especially if you can grow more than you smoke

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  7. Buy a tent X6

• Like Like x 1
  8. SOOOOO.....OP......as you can probably tell by this point....majority of the members here suggest going with a tent and "grabbing grow lights" as you go.......the box you posted.....NOT A BAD IDEA IMO......as you are "on the right track" I think.......maybe quit looking for a "completely finished" set up....and piece one together that will suit YOU much better.....and MORE THAN LIKELY at a cheaper....if not the same cost as your original box you were asking about

• Like Like x 1
  9. Buy tent x 6,

some of those options look truly abysmal, the one with 3 cfls I wouldn't expect to maintain watercress let alone weed.

Just unscrupulous types looking to rip off unsuspecting newbs.

DONT BE A VICTIM!!

10. thanks guys, i've decided to just diy it with a tent and a setup that matches my needs much better

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. The grow boxes they make don't even work. Theres one outtake fan, how is air being circulated in this box? The box will be at 90 degrees atleast, no plant will grow. You'd have to leave the for open at all times the light us on. Don't waste ur money.

Those Lights are shit too.

Most u can grow in a box is 1 plant.

12. I recently purchased a cabinet similar to the ones you posted. I got it at a discounted price, at the time it was a no brainier. After having it up and running for 2 months I really wish I pieced together my own project. The cabinet is doing its job but I am limited with almost everything I do. It was very difficult finding a nice light that would fit comfortably inside, I can only grow smaller strains.