Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Butter!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Kdk100694, Jul 11, 2019.

1. I made my first batch of butter yesterday. Made 5 pounds of butter using 5 1/2 ounces of bud. How do I go about getting the excess moisture off the bottom of the butter? Do I just leave it out to dry or put it in the fridge?

2. This is a picture of the butter 15628574067337889239163923697505.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. <<--- wants find and horsewhip the first person to think adding water to oil extracting cannabis was a smart idea.
    And every assshat after that who continued to disseminate the stupid idea.

Water actually interferes with the extraction of the cannabinoids by preventing full contact of the oil with the trichomes. Leave out will evaporate but you risk further contamination by exposure.
    Can heat it and cook off the water but that will degrade some THC to sleeper CBN.

Next time try this recipe.
    Decarb first 240 F for 40 minutes (weed uncovered on cookie sheet in oven)

5 grams Kief, Hash, Concentrates, Powdered Buds
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done.

[​IMG]
    Fills about 30 (0) sized capsules.
    Or
    Add to the oil-butter called for in any baked good blend well and then add dry ingredients and cook normally.

Coconut oil hits twice as fast as butter. Doesn't go rancid near as fast either.
    Lecithin acts as a strength enhancer.
    No water to screw with and try to remove.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  4. #4 Joker1121, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    I just scrape that part off. I would use it for something though. Just in case.
    Your butter looks good. Personally I like the water and butter method as it removes the chlorophyll and other water soluble nasties. I know it has drawbacks and detractors. The first canna butter I ever made I used your method and it was some potent butter. Most important is to enjoy the fruits of your labors. I'm sure I could get free to assist with baking, just PM me, lol.