Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

But all the cool kids do it!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by pentigram, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Okay, I work at a gas station third shift, but most of you already know that due to my older posts. I notice more, and more people come into the store to buy cigars. When I was younger (BACK IN MY DAY) (I'm 28) I always used rolling papers, and pipes (some of which were homemade), but now everyone wants to smoke in cigar papers.

I finally asked a person one day.. "Why not just get a pipe or rolling papers? They'd save you money in the long run." The response really made me go :confused: His response was "It makes it taste good."

Please forum. Correct me if I'm wrong. I want to be corrected if I'm not saying the truth. Doesn't weed taste good all by itself?? That sweet green taste. So this is what I gather, and I may be hard on this newer generation, but here it goes.

Do they like to smoke it because all their friends do it? If weed wasn't the in 'thing' would as many people pack a cigar full of the icky sticky? These are just some of the thoughts that run through my head.

I love you forum, and thanks for listening (reading) my random rants.

2. I usually get blunt wraps because they make it taste good and i get a tobacco "rush" when i smoke one

3. It depends on the kind of weed you're smoking. I don't prefer blunts, but if I've got crappy weed, or if there's a bunch of people all trying to smoke at once, it's convenient. I would always rather take one massive bong rip if I'm alone.

4. I change my previous comment to this lol

5. Hey man the sample size is too small and not a good representation of the whole population. Therefore, resulting in data that isn't valid enough to draw a conclusion as to why these kids do it. :bongin: btw bowls all day errday.

6. A blunt is nice every once and while

7. #7 S0UR, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2011
    [quote name='"pentigram"']Do they like to smoke it because all their friends do it? If weed wasn't the in 'thing' would as many people pack a cigar full of the icky sticky? These are just some of the thoughts that run through my head.[/quote]

Actually, I do think that's the reason. All the kids hear about blunts from music and movies and whatever so naturally they want to smoke them. But the people that say it improves the taste are jokesters because adding tobacco to cannabis only takes away from the taste. I'll admit I don't mind smoking one occasionally, but anyone claiming blunts taste better than joints needs to get their taste buds re-evaluated...

8. I'm not old and I don't know about kids these days but my friends and I always switch it up, and even to this day I have pipes, bubblers, a bong, a steamroller, and always at least 3 packs of papers and 1 pack of tobacco wraps.

When you have smoked enough weed you realize each sack has a different perfect method, some bud is dry as hell and a bitch to smoke out of a pipe, other bud has compact nugs with great moisture which would be perfect for rolling. I see every bag of Jane the same way as I see women. Yeah you can do the same thing repeatedly and get satisfaction out of it, but to get the most satisfaction you need to change it up and tailor your solutions to the problem (female, or bud) at hand.

9. I have never smoked a blunt. People don't really do it in the UK and the stuff I buy is way too expensive to fill a whole blunt with.

10. It all comes down to preferences really. I don't like tobacco and therefore hardly ever mix with tobacco or blunt wraps, I'd much, much rather smoke a pure bowl from a pipe or bong and save the paper for another time when a pipe isn't as convenient (but it usually is just as easy).

11. of course the taste of the sweet green tastes mean through glass thats clean! but remember, different strokes for different folks, personal preference, what makes me itch makes you scratch, etc. some people enjoy the taste of blunts, others dont. its what makes the world go round, i guess.

i personally enjoy a grape swisher or backwoods from time to time, but it is not my "go-to" method, as i prefer glass over anything.

12. Let them smoke what they want? I mean if they are really engrained in the canibus culture they will switch up sooner or later their still kids and learning we all start up with something. I started off with nothing but blunt wraps and acrylic bongs. I have come up a long way, just let them enjoy their journey

13. nothin like taking a blunt to your dome on a sunday drive

14. Last night me and 5 friends each had personal blunts to the face. I'm regretting it now though, it definently get me as high as I thought it would.

15. Blunts are nice cause they burn slow and keep the rotation going, but I don't mind Joints though.

16. It's simple. Rappers dominate the popular weed scene now. If rappers aren't rapping about joints, they're rapping about blunts. That's why rolls have become so popular. Me, personally I hate blunts. People always get their spit all over them and then I have to have their spitty wrap in my mouth and thats just vile.

17. I hate smoking blunts and going in to buy them. They know what you're buying them for.... Especially if you're in a hurry...

18. why do you care so much? people like to smoke their own way.

19. Bong > blunt > pipe/bubbler > joint. but everything has its place...

20. And all the "cool kids" will get addicted to tobacco! :cool:

A comparison of drug use and dependence between blunt smokers and other cannabis users (abst - 2009)
    Unbound MEDLINE | A comparison of drug use and dependence between blunt smokers and other cannabis users. PubMed Journal article abstract

Adding Tobacco to Cannabis--Its Frequency and Likely Implications. (abst – 2011)
    Adding tobacco to cannabis--its frequency a... [Nicotine Tob Res. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

Tobacco is a bummer! :(

Uni-Morbid and Co-Occurring Marijuana and Tobacco Use: Examination of Concurrent Associations with Negative Mood States (full – 2010) Uni-Morbid and Co-Occurring Marijuana and Tobacco Use: Examination of Concurrent Associations with Negative Mood States

And to put it another way, those who use ONLY cannabis :smoke: are better adjusted psychologically than their peers who use tobacco and cannabis!

Some go without a cigarette: characteristics of cannabis users who have never smoked tobacco. (full - 2007) Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med -- Some Go Without a Cigarette: Characteristics of Cannabis Users Who Have Never Smoked Tobacco, November 2007, Suris et al. 161 (11): 1042

Teens who use only cannabis appear to function better than those who also use tobacco (news - 2007) Teens who use only cannabis appear to function better than those who also use tobacco

Teens Who Smoke Marijuana But Not Tobacco Are Different From Other Teen Groups (news - 2007) Teens Who Smoke Marijuana But Not Tobacco Are Different From Other Teen Groups

Swiss Study Finds Marijuana Use Alone May Benefit Some Teens (news - 2007)
    Swiss Study Finds Marijuana Use Alone May Benefit Some Teens, U.S. Doctor Disagrees - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News - FOXNews.com

Are Cigarettes More of a Drag on Teens than Marijuana? (news - 2007)
    Are Cigarettes More of a Drag on Teens than Marijuana?: Scientific American

And then there is lung cancer- we all KNOW tobacco causes it! :eek: But what about cannabis? :smoke:

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news – 2007)
    Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows

Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits epithelial growth factor-induced lung cancer cell migration in vitro as well as its growth and metastasis in vivo. (abst – 2008) \Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits epithelial gro... [Oncogene. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI

Stick to the green! :yay:

Granny :wave: