busting my wall for ventilation

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BuryMeInTrichs, Aug 20, 2008.

1. So maybe im just still buzzin from earlier :smoke: But i Just got to thinking.... I'm here staring at my cabinet (click sig for a link to my grow) and im trying to vent it... I just came up with this idea...

Alright so going through the roof isnt an option... but on the side of the cabinet thier is drywall and im thinking of busting the drywall and hooking up a small duct thing to go into the drywall hole. then hook up a fan.

All the air from inside the "nursery" will be blown into the walls.... and i doubt it can eacape anywhere except into the attic?

any thoughts would be appreciated before i bust it in at 1 am

thanks!!

2. you will be fine. walls are not air tight so the air will pass into all ajoining walls.

3. So basically it will smell up the entire insides of all the walls, but noone outside of the walls can smell it. unless they bust a hole in the dry wall.

Thats my theory

4. thats rediculous, everything is pourus, the smell will eventually get out.

5. yeah.. painted drywall is porous?

6. im about to try that

7. Bro - the smell can escape a air-sealed baggie....

Venting or not venting, the ladies are gonna put out their lovely fragrance... Just man up the cash and get a carbon scrubber... you'll sleep better at night!

BTW - venting into wall spaces is a fantastic way to cover your heat signature as it distributes the grow room heat throughout the attic.... perfect solution and one I employ.

8. well yeah the smell will get out. you need a carbon scrubber no way around it esp since it sounds like you live in an apartment. but putting the air in the wall will keep the hot air out of the room it will not help with smell

9. yeah so with a carbon scrubber am i guarenteed to not have any smell? I might add a carbon scrubber and still go through the wall. just for safety

10. dude what are you talking about??

a properly sized carbon scrubber will eliminate smell. going through the wall will do nothing for smell at all 100% gauranteed. going through the wall only helps regulate heat ie from an air cooled light you have to put the hot air some where so you put it in the wall.

i will not explain this again so i hope you understand it this time

11. how high are you?

12. yeah........ hot air HAS TO GO SOMEWHERE!!

13. Not sure why people are bustin' on ya... your question seems valid to me, as a n00b ? of course.

Yes, if you man up the cash and get a carbon scrubber you will NOT have ANY smell....granted, that assumes you are running the scrubber 24/7. Personally, I only use mine when lights are on. I dont live near any cops so if the inside of my house smells, I could care less....

Just make sure you get the right size scrubber for your fan. Dont wanna spend a shitload on a huge one if your CFM's are only 150....