Busted - Need advice

Discussion in 'General' started by Weebie, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Fuck fuck fuck.

I got busted last night.... They only got me for a drug paraphernalia charge. I have a court date pretty soon now and I'm wondering what will happen to me?...

But the thing is.... I'm getting a DUI charge soon.... The blood test for my DUI are coming in, any week now and I haven't been charged with anything yet... I know I'm going to spend 48 hours in jail and about 6 months to a year on probation but what will happen to me now with this drug paraphernalia charge?? I think I'm totally fucked and life sucks right now, tell me straight up if I'm totally fucked. :mad:

2. They will probably discuss both charges in the same hearing, but I doubt you will get much added probation if any. Enjoy your classes though :)

3. You'll be okay, you're life isn't totally ruined. The DUI charge will definitely fuck a lot up for you in your future, however, the drug charge you had placed against you is better than possession of any narcotic. As long as you cooperate and get a competent lawyer you should be able to get the charges lessened or maybe dropped all together. Have your defense counsel file a motion to suppress evidence, argue that officer lacked the requisite probable case necessary to make the stop on your vehicle. Good Luck!

4. 99% chance the case is completely legitimate and a motion to surpress evidence won't even be heard. If he got arrested for DUI they don't need to ask permision to search the car in the first place. This is the kind of work handled by a public defender(pretender), not an expensive lawyer.

5. I was under the impression that the DUI stop was a separate incident. Otherwise you are right.

6. Yeah, they are both seperate events that took place. The DUI obviously took place earlier.

I still would like some more advice in this matter, does anybody else have any experience with this shit??