Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Busted in residence... am i screwed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dnash13, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Sooo me and a buddy were just having a couple bowls in his room and the campus police knock on the door. He comes in and ends up finding my buddies bong, my buddies weed (like a .5, times have been rough haha) and my grinder( with .3 ish). we also convinced him fairly quickly that the smell was not smoking but fresh weed.
    He did not issue a charge or anything on site but said that he is going to have a meeting with us tomorrow night at 9:00 and decide between a university charge or a criminal charge.

now i know he was probably just being a dick (he also had a young trainee not even in uniform with him), but can he really give me a criminal charge JUST for having a .3 in a grinder?

I go to school at U of G in ontario, canada btw

So i ask, am i likely to get screwed with a criminal code here? and anyone have any idea what happens in this meeting?

2. admit to nothing. they will ask if you were smoking, if your friend was smoking, if any of the paraphenalia was yours...the answer is NO, no matter what. The burden of proof is on them. Just dont admit to anything and dont sign anything unless you have a lawyer look at it. if your school has a law program they will have a program in place and you can use that maybe. all that being said, you should look up your schools drug policies, and be prepared to receieve the full punishment outlined in those.

campus police can indeed have criminal charges brought on you. i know here they have a cell and they can arrest you, detain you and turn you over to the city police and the city boys have to file the actual charges (should they decide criminal).

one of your buds neighbors probably ratted on ya, i mean not likely the campus cop just happened to wander by. If i were you my 1st order would be to find who did it and make em pay.

3. Yea he's pretty much right. Ive pulled the whole "isn't my shit" before and I didn't get any punishment due to lack of evidence, so try that. Whip the bong, for fingerprints, and clean the bowl of any resin. Oh and don't beat up Ur neighbor that could be bad

4. #4 Dnash13, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2011
    pretty much what we've been following, we will stick to it, thanks

also he didnt issue anything on site, doesnt that mean that he cant issue a criminal charge for anything? the only thing i can see him doing is university related

5. when i was in a dorm, i walked out of the shower one day to find a lady cop standing in my room, peeping out the grinder in my closet.

the bitch took it, gave me a $75 ticket, so i got naked right in front of her.

6. As far as I know, if he didn't issue anything on site, then there cannot be any criminal charges. He was just flexing his muscles in front of the new guy. All campus police get from there job is a feeling of power, so they love to use it.

7. That has got to be one of the stupidest things i have heard today. And I watched the NEWS this morning!!!!

8. iight man 1st of all u got till 9. so make sure your car, and dorm, apartment, house all dat shit is clearned. not 1 piece of weed/paraphanilia/grinder. then have the damn meeting and he has NO proof unless he took pictures or the bud and grinder.

9. I smoke in my room at Guelph every day with no problem so far. Just a little piece of advice to anyone deciding on a residence in Guelph... Almost every single/double in the building have balconies. Their little and can only fit 2 people comfortably, 3 if you squeeze, but are perfect for blazing.

10. not if your in lambton they dont have balconies, and campus police here are bitches eh... 120$ fine is what i ended up getting, "possession of an illegal substance marijuana on campus"

11. He said Guelph specifically. I have been to the guelph campus and they have balconies in all the residences. Its great in that way as i believe they are the ONLY university that has that.

12. I would assume it will be a university charge. He was probably acting super tough because he was training someone.

Like 5 campus police were going all through my hall last night, going tower to tower and no one, not even the RAs knew why. Kinda freaked me out because I had just transfered some weed from a bag to a pill bottle, and my dorm smelled like fresh herb.

But no one got arrested, and they never came to my room. ( I was in the lobby when I first saw them).

13. Is it a private university? It won't matter what they can prove, they can kick you out for even thinking any of it was yours.

I've been busted before, and the best way is to act like a real newbie to smoking, don't act like a pothead. For when we got caught, I just acted like it was my first and only time, it wasn't even good, and I only did it too relax after a stressful week.

14. Lmao that put a smile on my face, same thing happened to me as well. Thank god im moving into an off-campus apartment next semester

15. i know what he is talking about thanks. i go to guelph. lambton is another res... one without balconies.. the only residence with balconies at guelph is south and not all of them do.