Busted in Illinois , multiple felonies

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by jewsmoke, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Basically I ran a stop sign in Illinois. with 40 grams on me and bags and scales. I can get into the whole story later...but I am being charged with possession of over 30 grams but less than 500, manufacturing, and delivery. They did impound my car but I got it back and I already spent 15 hours in jail for this :(. Im only 18. I have not smoked weed in three weeks so I am going to show the court I have quit smoking. I have worked at the same job for 2 years, this is my first offense, I am going to go away to college. Do you think a great lawyer can get me less than the standard 2 year probation sentence here? I hired the best lawyer in town over 5 g's for him.

THANKS SO MUCH!
    TOKE ONE FOR ME!

2. if you paid 5 grand for the lawyer he better get you out of it or that would be a huge waste of money and prob at least 2 yrs probation if not 30 days in jail along with it.

3. the court won't care if you quit smoking.

but my buddy had the same charge, and he got 2 years probation ,and the felonies are expunged if he is a good boy throughout probation. [PS: he is in IL too]

i got 5 felony drug charges and i paid my lawyer $7500 and he got it dropped down to 2 misdemeanors, and if i finish my 18 month probation i get off COMPLETELY.

4. 7500 DOLLARS! damn you guys need to make friends with a good lawyer one of my best friends i grew up with is a pretty successful lawyer and i get all my traffic court shit taken care of for basically free, i just invite him to a cookout and supply all the booze and bud any man could ask for.

5. Yeah thats what I am expecting. a guy I know at work got caught with 30 grams and got 2 years tasc probation like you were talking about. Once he does that it leaves his record. My lawyer has implied that I won't go to jail and that most likely I am looking at 6 months or a year of probation plus community service.

6. more than likely you'll be getting 2 years. i'm not trying to downtalk what your lawyer says, but that's usually what's going to happen. as for jail, you probably won't have to go. my buddy who got caught had to sit 2 days for some reason, but that wasn't bc of the court decision charge obviously.

i'm glad you have a friend who's a pretty successful lawyer, but not all of us do. my lawyer is highly notable and famous in our area [noted for being one of the top 3 best], and got me what i wanted. i will pay someone $7500 any day to get 5 felonies and years of jail time away from me, and instead trade it for 18 months probation. he knew the DA, he knew the ADA, he went to breakfast with the judge on a weekly basis [before this charge], he knew the police officer that was actually at the court date [afterwards the officer shook his hand and talked to him as if they were friends], and they all knew my attorney by name. so yeah, i have 0 complaints.

7. Even for 5 felonies 7500 is alot thats all iam saying maybe you should make friends with him since you did that much $$$ in business with him. Next time maybe he will charge less since you used him before .

8. Theyre wasting so much time and money on you when there are real Crimes being committed by genuinely bad people. Man it's funny how the world works.

9. Usually lawyers or other successful people don't wanna become friends with their clients they're in it for the dough not friendships. I would gladly drop 10 grand to drop 5 felonies that shit would ruin your career like analy!

10. there won't be a next time.

11. Illinois has the 4th most marijuana arrests of any state. It is not the best place to be a stoner =[

12. I'm just going to say this, you wouldn't of had to pay 7500 if you didn't run a stop light while carrying weed. You never break two laws at once, specially if one's drug based

13. i live in illinois to my friend got busted at school with bud and his dad got one of the best lawyers that he can find and he got him back in school and everything. good luck tho

14. i'm assuming you're not talking about me. you got your money amounts mixed up.