Busted for growing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by msmypls, Aug 5, 2012.

1. I will be moving into a new place soon, and I brought up how I wanted to grow just one plant. But, there was a bust at that house a while back, nothing huge, no weight just a few small plants. Will any of that stick? Is the house still under some sort of watch or on a list? Will it make it more obvious if I were to grow a little plant hidden in the back of my closet? I just wanna make sure before I do anything that can put me or my roommates at risk.

2. So you're going to move in a house that has a criminal record attached to it with plans to grow weed?

I definitely wouldn't. If you want to grow, move into a house that isn't suspicious.

3. The tenenants were under watch, if it was busted they are in jail and no longer under watch unless they suspect the property owner of purposely renting to growers maybe. Would be my assumption. 1 plant in a closet, I'd do personally but you know your town/neighborhood better then me.

4. Well, they werent arrested or anything, but the DEA knew about it because of their friend who talked about it too much. im relatively new to the area, but its in a big college area, everyone smokes. its a walk in closet with a door, and then i can always keep it closed. they smoke inside so hiding the smell wont be too hard, even if i have no ventilation system; i just need some air fresheners and scent absorbers. CFLs wont spike the light bill, and basically im going to be running a real basic set up. is it still worth it?

5. Only you can really answer the Is it worth it question. A worthless and disappointing answer I know, sorry.

Sounds like you're moving in with people who currently live there and are hiding it from them as well. Were they there when the bust happened? That'd be a deal breaker for me, having to hide a grow from people in the house just seems silly, and if they are the same people who were busted then my first post in here was way off base.

6. they were there when it happened, but the DEA doesnt deal with small time grows, i guess except for their case. i have to ask to get more information about whether or not its on their records, which in itself is an awkward question. however, im thinking one plant for personal smoke is manageable, i just dont know if the house has a good chance of still being under surveillance, a year has already gone by. they still smoke in the house too.

7. Smoking won't cover up the smell of growing. Invest in good odor control or they will know.

8. Any suggestions? i wont be using a growbox but it is a spacious walk in closet

9. Was anybody moving/selling any quantity out of there?

10. No, all personal grow

11. get a cann filter and a badass fan, youll be aight

12. cann filter? im not using a growbox sooo

13. Get a cann filter and put the fan sucking through the filter with a line running out of the closet outside or back into your house. You can blow it through an air cooled hood too

14. Just get a good inline fan, 6 inch will probably work and the cann filter, you wont be able to smell a thing it will create negative pressure in your closet so nothing can seep out

15. So would i just put it next to the plant when it starts to bud?
    I know there will be some smell after, but i could just stock up on neutralizers and air fresheners

16. I would not spray any thing in the room with/around my plants. Chemical particles permeate the air and I like my bud chemical free. Just a preference though. whether or not you use air "fresheners" you need a carbon filter. It works well with a tent but you could also build a grow box and LST the hell outta it. A plant like NL or blueberry would do really well in there. Or Ak47. or Ak48. indica

17. Air fresheners wont do anything, put it anywhere in the closet then cut a hole or two in your door for it to suck it through and run the exhaust line out through the top of the door or outside

18. Yeahhh, i figure i might as well buy a cabinet at walmart to convert into a grow box. i know how i will set up my lights, hanging adjustable, 5 42watt CFLs and then i figured i could wire two computer fans, one intake the other exhaust. building my own carbon filter seems better, since i could custom fit it to the end of the cabinet where the exhaust fan would be. the only problem is i dont have all the tools i need to make the cuts for the fans.