BUSTED! - "Bunker growhouse" uncovered! (video)

Discussion in 'General' started by Leapfrog, Mar 1, 2009.

1. #1 Leapfrog, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SveLmrrtS5E"]BUSTED! - "Bunker growhouse" uncovered![/ame]

Feb 27, 2009
    "Bunker growhouse" uncovered in Hendry County

HENDRY COUNTY, Fla. - Firefighters battling a 475 acres brush fire in the area of Pioneer Plantation last week, accidentally discovered a "bunker growhouse".

The growhouse was built about eight to ten feet underground on a tree farm off of Christopher Lane in Clewiston.

At first glance, it looks like nothing more than a chicken coop and inside, nothing seems out of the ordinary.

The so-called "bunker growhouse" might not have been discovered had it not been for light emitting from a hatch door in the floor of the coop.

Inside, Hendry County Sheriff's deputies found a concrete basement completely lined with silver insulation, an elaborate electrical set-up and about four pounds of marijuana hanging to dry.

It's believed the marijuana was brought from somewhere else because the growhouse, while elaborate, was not complete.

Sheriff Steve Whidden estimates the builders were about three quarters of the way done with their "project".

"They're becoming more elaborate as time goes on and try to find out ways to get around law enforcement so this is just a prime example of one of them," explained Sheriff Steve Whidden.

Deputies have not made an arrest, but have a suspect in mind.

"The investigation is not over yet," said Sheriff Whidden, "It's just this one, we kind of stumbled up upon."

Similar growhouses have been uncovered in other parts of Florida, but up until now, not in Hendry County.

2. sucks. cool setup though. ha

3. Shit, that sucks.

4. At least nobody got arrested yet.

5. Haha, it's a tree farm.

6. this shit is hitting a little to close to home for me, i better go check my girls.....

7. if they didnt have ANY weed there at all do you think they whould still go to jail?

8. No, why would they?

There's nothing illegal about having a basement...

9. Well, if you have an underground grow house, don't leave the latch open.

/facepalm

10. ...AND the lights ON! :rolleyes:

11. and if he was not growing, why were the lights on???????? def not smart growers

12. No shit on that.

If I had gone to all that trouble the door would have been locked and hidden better than that.

13. truth be told

14. why cant the fiefighters keep there mouths shut, thier not cops! iguess someone in the group had to be a hero of some sort, probaly wanted to get on the news, but the 5.0 came and told them to leave, good thing they got this one early probaly could have produced millions of dollars of pot....... thats what im going to hear on fox tonight.