Busted at Boston hempfest

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SwirlyMcToke, Sep 17, 2007.

1. So two of my buddies and i took an hour and a half drive saturday morning down to boston in order to take part in the Boston hempfest. As soon as we walked into the festival, i was somewhat turned away by the music of choice. The lead singer, who was painted completely green, and dressed in tight leather chaps and a leather vest to match, continuously screamed into his mic "hide your stash!!!!!" and "get some pussssy!!!!" among others. I couldn't help but think to myself..."this is supposed to be helping us legalize/decriminalize marijuana?" I have the feeling that there could be a more professional approach to this fest, that would maybe shine a little light on the medical/undustrial benefits of marijuana, rather than some freak screaming about pussy and stashes.
    Although we were a little dissapointed with the first impressions, we decided to sweep through some of the booths, which all seemed to contain basically the same thing...bob marley clothing and incense. One stand did have some glass pipes for sale, but they were horribly overpriced. After basically deciding that this fesival was a waste of our time and money, we decided to make our way to the outskirts of the park, where i started to roll a little joint. A couple minutes in, two 40ish year old men walked up through the trees to where we were sitting. They were both dressed like they were about to go on an african safari, and both sported un-lit butts hanging out of their mouths in an unnatural manner. Basically as soon as i saw them, i knew something was up. One of them came up to me and said "hey dude! can i get a drag of that reefer?". Now i was basically shitting myself because i knew they were undercovers. I replied with "Reefer? What reefer?". They didn't hesitate, whipped out their badges, patted us down, and searched our bags and walletts. They found the half-rolled joint, and my eighth of weed. They put us up on the wall and started questioning and searching. This is where it all went to the shitter. My friend says "we arn't trying to cause trouble officer, atleast we arn't out here stabbing people". The cop looked at him as if he had just pulled a gun, hauled back and hammered my friend right in the side of the head with the back of his hand. Naturally, i found this completely out of line, and spoke up with "whoa! that was unnesecary sir..." I admitt, my friend was dumb to have said something like that, but at the same time, it was not deserving of physical beating, not to mention i have the feeling it was very illegal. Basically to sum up the rest of the confrontation...me and my other friend kissed ass and took about 30 minutes of brow beating and questioning from these prick cops until they gave us the offer of "either spend the night in jail, or get your punk asses out of here now". So all in all, i lost all my weed, almost got arrested, and listened to some fuck head set us back further and further in our strive towards marijuana freedom. Boston hempfest is a joke...

2. Yeah, but you're supposed to smoke in the crowd, not away from it.

Were others toking up?

At least you didn't get cited. Those fake undercover cops just wanted your weed.

3. Damn dude that sucks. I can't believe he backhanded you friend. That shit is outta line.

4. Damn that ashamed that happened

5. That sucks. Wow. Really dissapointing to hear that. not so much about the undercovers (that def sucked though), but moreso about hempfest being so lame. The band they had playing sounds weak as all hell.

How many people were there?
    Did you see anyone else smoking?
    Were there cops in and around hempfest?

If I've said it once I've said it a million times, there is no safe place to smoke weed.

6. The only safe place is in your own house.

7. True that, only place I do it. Except for in a scientific forest, no people are supposed to be there.

8. Fuck that man your just screaming, "bust me for possesion"

9. with a name like hemp fest, you think EVREYONE would be smoking, and there would be 2many to arrest

10. I was at the Seattle hempfest. Everyone was toking up, cops didn't give a shit.

11. Wow thats a shitty story. It was rainy that day and I almost went to try and find some greens becuase my area has been dry. Right before I left I decided to search google news for press coverage on last years hempfest and it said 54 people were arrested so I decided not to go.

What a bummer. To bad this isn't well planned. You could set it up so at a specific time everyone in the crowd whips out a fat joint and lights up. I would be more than happy to twist up a couple for others just to stand our ground.

12. thats because seattle kicks ass. I walked outta the crowd hitting two joints at once right infront of 6-7 bike cops just standing in a line looking at me. they never said a word to me. AT SEATTLE HEMPFEST

13. I've been to the Hempfest in Boston 3 times.

All three times they were pretty lame.

Not to mention- I hate stereotypical smokers, and its full of them.

14. Sounds like Boston should stick to tea parties.

15. get fucked.

16. maybe they had fake badges and just wanted to steal som1's reeefer.... could be a possibility since normal law abiding cops wouldnt hit you in the head for no reason

17. the reason you got off is he hit your friend. They realized that was illegal scearch and police brutality, and they would be more screwed than you.

18. No, sounds like cops to me.... I've met cops who would as soon punch you as take the time to respond to what you said.

19. It was not an illegal search.

Police officers have the right to pat you down when questioning you.

20. Dude, no offense, but you did everything wrong. Hempfest or not, you are smoking in public. A joint can fly if its already rolled and you smoke it inconspicuosly, but even then its risky. You should've made some secret agents, or better yet buy one of those 5$ one hitters the guy at that stand was selling. I did, and the cops walked right by me when they were making their rounds. And the dude at that stand wasnt too overpriced actually, he sold me a spoon for $45 that I could easily see going for $60 minimum at a headshop, plus all his glass satchels were only 5$.