Bush puts his foot in it again.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Mutant Monkey, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hahaha Stupid Americans and your idiotic president.

2. HAHA! and they try and use it to make him look like the average joe so we should vote for hi since he\'s not a federal suit. i\'d feel better when someone with a higher IQ than me is in control of the nuclear launch codes.

correction: in control of our nuclear capabilites. the president doesn\'t know the launch codes.

3. What a lame ass. Its sad more than half of voting americans are saying right now \'I didnt vote for him\'

4. Haha saw that on the news today. lmao

5. I voted for him! I\'m not ashamed of it... I have no doubts in my mind that he was best suited to deal with the events that followed his election. The opposing candidates would have, no doubt, been MUCH worse than Bush has been.. Not to say that he\'s been great. As for THIS election, well I guess you jsut have to read my sig to see who I\'m voting for.

P.S. Kerry isn\'t any beter than Bush.. apparently his war buddies dont even want him in office...
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/06/01/kerry.ad/
    They even wrote a book called \"Unfit For Command\"
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0895260174/103-5424460-7326265
    Now of course this is all propaganda, but what do you think of it?

\"XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU AUG 04, 2004 10:14:25 ET XXXXX

VETS CHARGE: KERRY KILLED FLEEING TEEN; LIED FOR MEDAL

Slaughters Animals, Burns Down Tiny Village

**Exclusive**

A veterans group seeking to deeply discredit Democrat John Kerry\'s military service will charge in the new bombshell book UNFIT FOR COMMAND:

\"Kerry earned his Silver Star by killing a lone, fleeing, teenage Viet Cong in a loincloth.\"

\"And if Kerry\'s superiors had known the truth at the time, they would never have recommended him for the medal.\"

The book also claims to detail how Kerry personally ordered the slaughter of small animals at a small hamlet along the Song Bo De River.

MORE

The book, set for release next week, hit #1 on the AMAZON hitparade after the DRUDGE REPORT revealed details of the book -- a book the Kerry camapign believes is the\"the dirtiest of all dirty tricks ever played on a candidate for the presidency.\"

The Kerry campaign is planning to vigorously counter the charges and will accuse the veteran\'s groups of being well-financed by a top Bush donor from Texas.

The vets have launched a blistering new TV commercial questioning Kerry\'s honor and calling him a liar.

MORE

George Bates, an officer in Coastal Division 11, participated in numerous operations with Kerry. In UNFIT FOR COMMAND, Bates recalls a particular patrol with Kerry on the Song Bo De River. He is still \"haunted\" by the incident:

With Kerry in the lead, the boats approached a small hamlet with three or four grass huts. Pigs and chickens were milling around peacefully. As the boats drew closer, the villagers fled. There were no political symbols or flags in evidence in the tiny village. It was obvious to Bates that existing policies, decency, and good sense required the boats to simply move on.

Instead, Kerry beached his boat directly in the small settlement. Upon his command, the numerous small animals were slaughtered by heavy-caliber machine guns. Acting more like a pirate than a naval officer, Kerry disembarked and ran around with a Zippo lighter, burning up the entire hamlet.

Bates has never forgotten Kerry\'s actions.

MORE

UNFIT FOR COMMAND, DRUDGE has learned, claims Kerry \"earned his Silver Star by killing a lone, fleeing, teenage Viet Cong in a loincloth.\"

ARE THE VETS TELLING THE TRUTH?

\"They hired a goddamn private investigator to dig up trash!\" charged a top Kerry adviser traveling with the senator late Tuesday. \"This is pay for play... How low can they go?\"

Kerry supporters are comparing the effort by the veterans to the Arkansas State troopers tell-all against Bill Clinton.

MORE

John O\'Neill, co-author of UNFIT FOR COMMAND, believes that \"Kerry\'s Star would never have been awarded had his actions been reviewed through normal channels. In his case, he was awarded the medal two days after the incident with no review. The medal was arranged to boost the morale of Coastal Division 11, but it was based on false and incomplete information provided by Kerry himself.\"

According to Kerry\'s Silver Star citation, Kerry was in command of a three-boat mission on the Dong Cung River. As the boats approached the target area, they came under intense enemy fire. Kerry ordered his boat to attack and all boats opened fire. He then beached directly in front of the enemy ambushers. In the battle that followed, the crews captured enemy weapons. His boat then moved further up the river to suppress more enemy fire. A rocket exploded near Kerry\'s boat, and he ordered to charge the enemy. Kerry beached his boat 10 feet from the rocket position and led a landing party ashore to pursue the enemy.

Kerry\' citation reads: \"The extraordinary daring and personal courage of Lt. Kerry in attacking a numerically superior force in the face of intense fire were responsible for the highly successful mission.\"

Here\'s what O\'Neill and the Swiftees say: \"According to Kerry\'s crewman Michael Madeiros, Kerry had an agreement with him to turn the boat in and onto the beach if fired upon. Each of the three boats involved in the operation was involved in the agreement.\" O\'Neill writes that one crewman even recalls a discussion of probable medals.

Doug Reese, a pro Kerry Army veteran, recounted what happened that day to O\'Neill, \"Far from being alone, the boats were loaded with many soldiers commanded by Reese and two other advisors. When fired at, Reese\'s boat--not Kerry\'s--was the first to beach in the ambush zone. Then Reese and other troops and advisors (not Kerry) disembarked, killing a number of Viet Cong and capturing a number of weapons. None of the participants from Reese\'s boat received Silver Stars.

O\'Neill continues: \"Kerry\'s boat moved slightly downstream and was struck by a rocket-propelled grenade. . . .A young Viet Cong in a loincloth popped out of a hole, clutching a grenade launcher, which may or may not have been loaded. . . Tom Belodeau, a forward gunner, shot the Viet Cong with an M-60 machine gun in the leg as he fled. . . . Kerry and Medeiros (who had many troops in their boat) took off, perhaps with others, and followed the young Viet Cong and shot him in the back, behind a lean to.\"

O\'Neill concludes \"Whether Kerry\'s dispatching of a fleeing, wounded, armed or unarmed teenage enemy was in accordance with the customs of war, it is very clear that many Vietnam veterans and most Swiftees do not consider this action to be the stuff of which medals of any kind are awarded; nor would it even be a good story if told in the cold details of reality. There is no indication that Kerry ever reported that the Viet Cong was wounded and fleeing when dispatched. Likewise, the citation simply ignores the presence of the soldiers and advisors who actually \'captured the enemy weapons\' and routed the Viet Cong. . . . [and] that Kerry attacked a \'numerically superior force in the face of intense fire\' is simply false. There was little or no fire after Kerry followed the plan. . . . The lone, wounded, fleeing young Viet Cong in a loincloth was hardly a force superior to the heavily armed Swift Boat and its crew and the soldiers carried aboard.\"

DRUDGE learns from UNFIT FOR COMMAND that if Kerry\'s superior officers knew the truth, they would never have recommended the award:

\"Admiral Roy Hoffmann, who sent a Bravo Zulu (meaning \"good work\"), to Kerry upon learning of the incident, was very surprised to discover in 2004 what had actually occurred. Hoffmann had been told that Kerry had spontaneously beached next to the bunker and almost single-handedly routed a bunkered force in Viet Cong. He was shocked to find out that Kerry had beached his boat second in a preplanned operation, and that he had killed a single, wounded teenage foe as he fled.\"

\"Commander Geoge Elliott, who wrote up the initial draft of Kerry\'s Silver Star citation, confirms that neither he, nor anyone else in the Silver Star process that he knows, realized before 1996 that Kerry was facing a single, wounded young Viet Cong fleeing in a loincloth. While Commander Elliott and many other Swiftees believe that Kerry committed no crime in killing the fleeing, wounded enemy (with a loaded or empty launcher), others feel differently. Commander Elliott indicates that a Silver Star recommendation would not have been made by him had he been aware of the actual facts.\"

Developing.... \"
    Anyays, it really doesn\'t amtter much to me... jus tthought I\'d share...

6. what pisses me off is white house spokesmen TELLING US what WE think.
    \"The American people know this president speaks with clarity and conviction, and the terrorists know by his actions he means it.\"

7. even if you think he did handle 9/11 well, 9/11 was one event... he\'s fucked up plenty others since, probably far more then he\'s done good. I think people need to get away from 9/11, as tragic as it was

8. Clarity?????
    Did you hear the speech???
    LMAO

9. americans are not stupid.
    just some of them.

and yes, Bush is.

but please let\'s stop putting the blame on americans. The presidency was stolen. tBush was not ellected.

(AND NO he did not handle 911: he let it happend in order to pass laws like the patriot act)

+++

now that I can perfectly understand: the white house when it\'s saying that kind of stuff is killing two birds with one stone:
    1/ it\'s telling americans that think otherwise (which would be wise) that they shoudl think /like the white house/ .
    2/ it\'s telling non americans that the white house reflects the will of the people.

well don\'t worry americans:
    1/ the white house has not the power to tell you what to think (the media has)
    2/ foreigners are starting to understand the difference between american governements (those rich bastards that sends kids to war for money) and americans, those thhat let the bastards send their kids to war.

+++

yes you read well.

the law that allows you to wear a gun is for one pecific reason: to defend yourself against your own governement. So now that you all got uzis, why don\'t you kick them out.

ACT, DAMN IT.

10. HE DID NOT HANDLE ANYTHING, he is just a puppet.

are you blind ???

11. first intelligent thought in this thread.

12. what????? and let the american people be manipulated by their governement?...

no way man, the US of A have the greatest army that\'s a fact, and the craziest goevernement, tht\'s also a fact.

WE CANNOT LET 911 fade away without CHANGING some things that need to be changed.

First thing to change would be:

Let\'s put Man /before/ profit.

13. Umm.. No he was elected.. see, the majority of the public, including the media, downplays the effectivness of the military personel vote. Now I have heard from some in the miltary that a good portion of the votes that Gore was trying to ahve eliminated were American servicemen and women who were over seas. So apparently, if you\'re not IN the US, you shouldn\'t be alowed to vote... Now I\'m not stateing this as a fact, since I have yet to check the validity of the statement (and probably wont, since it\'s neither here nor there at this point) The votes were tallied, and retallied and retallied until it was CLEARLY determined that Bush won. That\'s how it works. He didn\'t steal it. Though Gore Tried to.

14. Nicely said!

That\'s quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever seen posted on here!

Both of them blow dogs for quarters...so once again I\'m torn between my gun rights and my privacy rights,

I thought I was going to vote kerry for a while, but he is soo shady. Check out his voting record it\'s so easy to tell he is a puppet, just a better speaker than that dumbass bush! Ah just a two headed monster, doesn\'t matter which one eats you, you still end up in the same shit.

15. kerry and bush both have the same allegance to money.

you need someone with an allegance to Man in that chair.

16. NO.

it\'s the supreem court that said bush won. not the votes.

17. Kerry is a fucking puppet, look at his god damn voting record, he votes FOR invading iraq and against funding it?!? He was chairman of the board that PROVED the CIA was trafficking drugs into the country and yet he does nothing, and he votes AGAINST gun rights every chance he gets.

maybe we\'ll get a halfway decent canidate one of these days, maybe gri77on will run for president...HEY GRI77ON!! what are your views on gun rights? 4th ammendment rights, mary jane, and the taxing system in america?

18. 1/
    THIS POST, AS ALL POSTS, REFLECTS ONLY AND SOLELY THE POSTER\'S CONVICITONS. THEY ARE NOT TRUTH, BUT WHAT TO ME IS TRUTH.
    2/
    I\'m french, have studied french revolution; and last year because of thread here @ GRassCity, i studied some americans law, specialy the gun right thingybob, and the way president gets the chair.

that said.

actually no. I have not the knowledge to rule a country. I have only wisdom. As we all have.

ok short answer:
    it\'s a a reeal clever way to maintain people under the leach.

long answer;

that right was spawed by (in some very distant way) the french revolution. no don\'t shoot me just yet , hear me out.

The french revolution was the people kicking out the governement because the governement WAS NOT working for the people anymore; which is their dutty.
    We went to the bastille, and cut hteir head off.

In America The law to have a gun is very precise:
    1/ you have the right to have a gun to defend your propety
    2/ you have the right to have a gun to kick out the governement if it does no longer represent the will of the people.
    3/ you must be memeber of a milice to have a gun (yes that part is allways looked over)

++

So there is actually a law that enables you to form a milice, to walk up to the white house and politely ask whoever is in that chair to pack his things and go.
    Now this is subtle: why would someone in that chair do something against the will of the people, if he can be kicked out by the People???...
    simple: because the people
    1/ have let go of their rights long ago
    2/ are cowards, missinformed, selfish, and short minded.

+++

no how could the state allow something which main effect is to help us let go of the values the System has imposed on us.
    those values being get a car, get two cars, a big property, a nice watch, a swimmingpool, etc etc.
    Where as maryjane actualy helps us realise that we don\'t need to earn so much money, it teaches us that once you have reach a certain level of life, you can stop trying to make more money, and really start living.
    and if you\'re into that you can even start helping others reach that level of life.

that would mean we would start to actually act as a community, you no for \"the good of the many\" .. That does not increase profit you see...
    so maryjane cannot be allowed as long as it\'s \"profit before men\".

on the others subject i have no knowledge to speak of, so i\'ll do what\'s best, i\'ll keep silent, and listen.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

I do not insult american people. I don\'t insult. I\'m trying to jolt them out of the stillnes their\'in . I do wanna see you americans MOVE YOUR ASSES on the subject.
    the best action I have ever seen were those eggs thrown at the president\'s car on the day bush entered the WhitHouse.
    How humiliating it must be for a nation\'s people to have that kind of history.

But in the long run i still hold the american people gulty. gulty of not thinking, guilty of having let the supreem court say xxx is president, and not the votes. Guilty of being manipulated by the whitehouse propaganda (whoever is in the chair, the propaganda is the same, can\'t you see?????)

you wanna know why the whole world thinks americans are stupid?
    simple: because the whole world can see right through the whitehouse propaganda.
    we just can\'t beleive it, to us you cannot use brains and actually let yourself be treated as you are by your governement.
    The worst part is one day, the world WILL HAVE TO INTERVENNE. mainly because the motives of those at the other end of the leach only is MONNEY, even at the cost of Earth.

we live in dark ages: ages were money is almighty.

19. I just got my first dose of the french revolution last month, I read A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. A really good book actually, before then I had no idea what went on during the revolution.

I\'m guessing milice means militia. In fact you do not have to be a member of a militia to own a gun the 2 ammendment which reads

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

the main focus being on \"the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed\"

Infringe being defined as encroach upon somone elses rights or property

The idea that a person would have to be a member of a milita to own a gun would most certainly be infringing upon the rights of the people. They wanted to create a society in which everyone could own a gun so that the power would be in the people.

This was during a time when they were still quite angry about the abuse colonists recieved from british military officers. They certainly did not want another tyranical government. (well they suceeded for a little while)

hhhmm you know I was about to say if they could limit the amount of people owning guns to just people in militias they would have done it by now.....but now I\'m not so sure....a united force of men in a state with proper military training is far more dangerous than a mob.

thats interesting...although I still don\'t believe you have to be in a militia to own a gun I mean well there is a conflict between the two statements

/ you have the right to have a gun to defend your propety

you must be memeber of a milice to have a gun (yes that part is allways looked over)

peace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.