Burzum fans?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ismokegreen, Mar 19, 2012.

1. I've just recently gotten into Burzum myself and noticed this so I figured I'd spread the word a little bit.

Burzum has a new album coming out this year, here's more information on it.
    Burzum - Discography - Official Releases - "Umskiptar" 2012

Feel free to post videos of your favorites by Burzum while you're at it of course.

2. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBll5LyMnAw[/ame]

Can't say I agree with some of the NSBM leanings of Varg, back in the day, but still it's some fine black metal...

3. Burzum fan of 8 or so years here... Varg was such a musical genius (yes was, I feel as if his new works just don't have enough effort put into them).. I mean c'mon, he recorded the debut when he was 17-18. Those were the times when teenagers could actually make good music haha. But the fact that it's a solo project makes it even better.

On a side note, a great acoustic version of black spell of destruction:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNdgKyFupq0]Spell of Destruction-Burzum cover- Acoustic Guitar - YouTube[/ame]

4. I mean dude, if I only listened to the music of those people who I agreed with morally and politically I would never be able to listen to music. I just take his viewpoints for what they are and listen to his music.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from there. I just get the feeling that this new album will be good... Probably just because I want it to be lol Anyways I'm excited. He says that it's going to be a return to his more album-centered roots, so that's hopeful.

5. Haha yeah, despite what I said above, i'll still listen to everything he puts out, bad or not. The description to the album makes it sound promising.

6. Yeah man, I've got real respect for the dude.

7. Huge Burzum fan. My favourite has to be either Det Som Engang Var or Filosofem.
    Was told that I couldn't wear my Burzum shirt for my next gig because the organisers of the festival are totally against shirts of an "aggressive" nature. Like that even makes sense. . . It's a piece of fabric with a logo on it.
    Sorry if this takes this off topic but any of you guys heard Winterfylleth if you're into BM?

8. I'd wear the shirt anyway dude :smoke:
    Winterfylleth are pretty good I think too

9. lolwut Dude... did it have a small child being disemboweled on the front? If not then I don't see a problem.:confused:

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qKrRIp4DkI]Burzum - Rundgang um die transzendentale Säule der Singularität - YouTube[/ame]

Some days, I have this song on repeat, and I mean all fuckin day. So simple yet so mysterious.. Varg is a mastermind

11. filosofem is my shit.

12. ive loved Burzum since the day i discovered Varg's music 6 years ago. real good haunting sound!

13. Varg is the greatest being walking this earth. Very intelligent man. And everybody loves Burzum, you can show most people that dont like Black Metal the Filosofem album and they usually love it.

14. Not seen much evidence of this.

He's an asshole but who cares, he makes good music. Or he used to at least.