Burnt Pistils/Maturing too Early

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Phishman84, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Hey all. I've noticed on just a couple bud sites, top sites, not bottom sites, some Pistils look like they're either maturing early, or they're burnt. Any help would be appreciated. Lights are at 25" above the ladies and I've been going 1/4 strength on nutes. I don't have any signs of deficiencies, that I can tell, and 90% of the pistils look great, but if something is amiss, I want to get to it early. Thanks for any help you can offer. I have included one photo of what most of the buds look like, and one of the "issue" at hand. 20191202_082142.jpg 20191202_082234.jpg

2. Pollinated? Light stress? Quick finisher?

3. Do you have any leaf canoeing (bending up of the outer edges)? Any signs of damage on the leafs?

4. They're Autos, so they should be done in another 4-5 weeks, but I don't see any pollen sacks anywhere. I only have 2 autos in 7 gal fabric pots in the tent. Here's some additional photos. 20191203_053949.jpg 20191203_054000.jpg 20191203_054016.jpg

5. I don't see anything too awful. I've posted a couple other photos. They're Autos, so they should be done in another 4-5 weeks, but I don't really see any reason why they should be shriveling up, just the ends of the pistils.

6. PM? Sorry, I'm not familiar with this particular acronym. Please elaborate, if you wouldn't mind. Thanks for any input you can offer

7. Either powdery mildew (pm) or hemp russet mites. Check underside of your leaf and flower with magnification. My bed is hemp russet mites, they are nearly microscopic but causes these exact issues

8. I'll check with magnification. Thanks for the input.

9. couple tips of leaves on first picture looks like some mildew starting ( white marks ) ,if its not that have you sprayed any thing on the leaves , ,cuz looks like some thing is there .mac,

10. Make sure you look for a while and start by checking the low parts of the cannopy, especially the developing flower, personally my eyes aren't great but russet mite look at lot like trichome until they move, once you seem them moving its easy to tell. That slight yellowing, up-curling and pistil is common with russet mites. If you are in the western united states or Canada they are becoming super common.

11. Good news. No mildew, no mites....just needed some more CalMag. Did some research and during flower low Magnesium can do the same thing. Crisis averted. I kinda figured it wasn't mildew, I keep air moving and haven't had a problem thus far and temps and humidity are spot on. As for mites, well, I don't see any creepy crawlies anywhere under 60 or 120 power. Thanks for all the input

• Like Like x 1
  12. Some of the first formed pistils will amber way before ones that were formed later. First formed trics will too.

• Like Like x 1