Burnt my sprout, can it be saved???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bobinator, Apr 11, 2009.

1. So I think I burnt the plant having the light too close. Will the plant be able to recover from this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Definately move the light a bit farther back. It looks just a tiny bit burnt, so as long as it keeps growing you should be just fine! Clip that burnt piece off once it gets a little bigger, or you can try to remove it now, but that might shock the plant this early in the grow.

3. What is the temperature between the light and plant? Whats the humidity of the room?

You should be able to have the light that close if you have a fan blowing on it and have
    decent RH in the room.

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

4. hahah i've burnt my 2 plants oh so many times.

one got heat stress on its first set of leaves and it completely yellow and wont grow or drop off or anything.
    and yeah mine have various burns on the tips and stuff.

i've rectified my mistakes and theyre growing like little champs :)
    just a few defects thats all.

5. MJ is an amazingly tough lil bastard. May well recover. Good luck.

6. ouch! you could always start over it isn't that far along.

7. I checked it this morning the plant actually made some progress leaves are wider and now growing out, not up. This happened last night after I pulled the light back a bit. So I am excited that it hasn't died but actually grew a bit more.

Not yellow yet so maybe it will grow healthy.

It might recover I may have caught the burn soon enough.

It's my first grow and the only seed of my batch that germinated so I might just have to stick this one out.

Also when I put the plant from the red cup to this bigger pot all the dirt came off the roots so I had to dig a hole deep enough for the root to be straight then I held it in that place and filled the hole with the potting mix. I was even surprised the plant survived that.

I am so terrible at growing that if this thing survives to maturity I think anyone can grow lol.

Here's today's progress and setup.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for all the tips and advice let me know how things look now and if you see anything needs to be done let me know.