Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Burning fat cells....

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by astrocheese, Feb 15, 2009.

1. So I was ripping some beasters on my friend's homemade vape last night, and got pretty blazed if I do say so myself. This morning, when I finally woke up, I ran down to the gym to throw some steel. After about 10 minutes of intense work-out, I started getting high all over again, not to the same extent, but it was a powerful buzz. I called my friend and had an intense discussion about it, and we decided that because THC is fat soluble, when you burn fat cells you release THC into your system again. Comments?

2. no, it was placebo

3. adrenaline?

4. were you drinking alcohol aswell?

5. working out releases endorphins into your system that is like a "high"

6. Yes when you work out a level of the same endorphins that are released when you smoke, are released. So you feel almost high for a bit.

7. what you say is kind of true i think.

I remember back when i first started smoking regularly every weekend, and when i worked out (or "threw some steel"....its iron by the way) that i would have like, flashbacks. Acid works in the way you're thinking this THC flashback works, so it could be possible.

8. Nope, just puffing. We thought it was endorphins, but we had never noticed this feeling when we work out normally (meaning without an intense smoke the night before)

9. No it's not placebo, thiis true because fat cells are not water soluble which is why its so hard to pass a drug test. THC is stored in fat cells and when fat cells are burned the THC is released back into your system and is then flushed out.

10. ^ wrong, THC isn't stored in your fat, it is in fact THC-COOH, which is what the drug tests look for and it doesn't get you high, especially not in the trace amounts that anyone would experience

11. I have had the same thing happen to me too. I had an in-depth discussion with my biology teacher a while ago and he basically described what bobsagget said.

12. #13 astrocheese, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
    Ah so there is some science to back up my theory. I knew taking Organic Chem last year was a good idea

EDIT: I just did some wikipedia-ing, and it turns out THC is metabolized after a few steps into THC-COOH, which is stored in the fat. THC-COOH has no psychoactive effects (as someone previously mentioned) so maybe some stray pure THC gets stored in the fat as well?

13. your bio teacher is wrong then, and I'm sorry but it doesn't take much to teach high school biology, all you need is an undergrad degree in it and a credential...you don't even need the credential if you want to teach at some private schools.

14. When you work out real hard and blood has to rush back into your muscles you can get a weird sensation

15. get tha money, dolla dolla bill y'all

16. I can't comment with any scientific facts, but just from experience. I workout quite a bit and I know that after a stretch of burnin that when I am in the gym I feel the effects. It is not a high to me, but rather a very mellow, kinda of somber chill that overcomes me and I have to push through it in order to workout to my full potential. But that's just me talkin.

17. to a certain extent yes, weed is stored in your fat cells but at the same time you would have to been working out like a mofo and the "high" youre feeling is from thc but its mostly from the endorphins youre body is releasing from working out which gives some kind of high if you can even call it a "high"

18. It is very possible that you got high from working out...if you were smoking during ur workout.