Burning DVD - PAL vs NTSC

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by DUB'd-MouSSE, Jun 28, 2010.

1. I'm trying to burn some dvds using Toast titanium and most of my material is in .avi.

When I try to burn anything to a blank disc though, I get a message saying that all my content is in NTSC and asks if I'd like to convert to PAL.

I read somewhere that converting from NTSC to PAL usually degrades quality so I'd like to burn it as NTSC but for some reason the dvds won't burn if I dont click convert to PAL.

I tried one in PAL and it worked on my xbox 360 but I'm just worried about quality for some of the movies Ill be downloading. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Can I use NTSC format if its an .avi?

Sorry I have no idea what any of this really means so Im confused as shit, but if anyone could give me a little insight, it'd be greatly appreciated.:D

2. What I can't figure out is why you need to convert it to PAL to play it on your XBox. Is the console region 2? If it's region 1 (US, Canada, Mexico), then it should work fine.

3. Unless you live in Europe or Asia it shouldn't have to be converted to PAL.

4. Hmm.. for some reason when i click continue without converting to PAL, it always freezes.

The only time it worked was when I just tried PAL and it burned fine.:confused:

5. Try encoding it with a different codec, that may help.