Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

burnin'

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by jamesbongx420, May 10, 2009.

1. first off, please dont move this thread cuz this isn't a noob question.

which burns faster in a bowl: ground up bud or a solid nug?

i own a grinder, use it all the time its the shit.. my friends say ground up bud is more efficient to burn, and from what i've seen and searched on the city, you guys agree.

but when i just burn a nug in my bowl it seems to last forever and when u think about it, if ur trying to start like a campfire, say, u throw the small loose pieces of wood on to get it burinin then you put the bigger, more dense logs on there. its seems logical to me that a dense piece of nug will burn slower than ground up nug but everybody says differently...tried to answer this question myself via experimentation :smoke: didnt really follow through haha...

2. when you have a nug it isnt as dense as ground up because it has more extra space in it

think about it like a crackers, if you have 5 crackers in a stack, and then crush them up, they will weigh the same but the cracker powder looks like it takes up less room.
    i mean literal crackers not white people.
    i am pretty baked i guess

3. but wouldnt it burn faster? i mean particles further apart=more oxygen=faster burn?

4. christmas tree bowls dont burn longer they burn fast...
    break you bud up for more room for more bud and spac.

5. #5 alesto, May 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2009
    [​IMG]

You should never, ever, put a full nugget into a bowl. ever. I mean, its entirely possible, but it isnt as good as your other options that are just as easy

I personally like even hits (and kief buildup) so I tend to grind alot of my product up, it just seems to give the hit a higher quality feel to it.

6. lol man i have actually seen people do this...im like" wtf...thats seriously how u pack a bowl?" grind ur buds up...i grind all of mine...packin it is extremely easy and quick

7. yea i try to get a good balance of the two, the more you grind it up the more surface area theres gonna be so its gonna burn fast but you'll get better hits. but no, puttin a nug into your bowl is deff a big NONO

8. haha yea like 90% of the time i grind up my bud just sometimes when i smoke alone or something i just throw a nug in there and it seems to burn for a while...prolly wont do that anymore lol.

9. I usually will break larger nugs down into little tiny nuggets, because shakes tend to burn faster. And I'll put some of these little nugs in the bottom then sprinkle some shakes on top. Best way to pack a bowl IMO.

10. Same thats what I do

11. I grind that shit as fine as I can. Ripped up nugs always go out and require a lot of lighting. I like to be able to maintain a slight cherry the entire sesh.