Burned Out..

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Stoned Antics, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Hey fellow gaming blades, I have a problem that maybe some of you guys might be able to help me with lol. Basically, I've been a gamer all of my life. I started off on the NES, then on to SNES, N64, Gamecube, Xbox, etc.. However, the main focus of my gaming "career" has been MMORPG's. I was into Runescape for a long time (Since 2001) and I recently started playing that again (But I'm bored of it now lol), and I played WoW for about 5 years up until about 4 months ago.
    Anyways, my dilemma is simply that I am bored of all of these games now. I literally just want to start over and find something completely new and fresh. I'm tired of these stale games where I know exactly what I'm doing.
    In short, I want a game that will give me a "noob" feeling again. Does anyone else ever feel this way? I've been looking online and have found a few games that look like they would be a new experience to try (Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2), but they haven't even come out yet lol.

Does anyone know of any "fresh" MMO's coming out soon or that are fairly new?
    Sorry for rambling lol.

2. Dead island is like fallout and dead rising mixed together. It's not an mmo but you can play with 3 other friends. It's bafass

3. #3 Jdahms, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2011
    you want to feel like a total noob who has never touched a shooter in their life?

TribesNext | Tribes 2 Online Multiplayer

I think Eve online fits your criteria for an MMO that you wouldnt be familiar with the mechanics.

4. Borderlands is a pretty good

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip5o1TcIrFg]Borderlands Review - YouTube[/ame]

5. Have you tried Rift yet or is that too much like WoW for you?

6. Thanks for the suggestions guys. I haven't played Eve or Rift yet but I've heard a lot of bad things about Rift.. Is it really very good or is it just hyped up like most MMO's that were supposed to be "WoW killers"? Also, I really have never been into shooting games (All of my friends are obsessed with COD and what not).

7. #7 Revenent, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2011
    PVE is pretty good. I think the dungeons are done really well. The graphics look great. The pvp is meh. Similar to WoW but Rift is it's own game.

I like it. Best themepark out there imo. But GW2 and TOR will be better. Anyway, here is a RAF (recruit a friend) link to try the free trial if you want: http://www.riftgame.com/en/products...&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ascend_invite

8. Rift is a very good MMO but if you are looking for a change from WoW Id stay away

the questing in rift is done very much like in cata, where you are pushed through a zone instead of continuously coming back to the same hub over and over. The low level dungeons in rift are also excellent

9. Do you play, bro?

10. I played in the beta and then for like 2 months after it came out.

Im playing WoW now

11. If you want to feel like a noob again, play EvE Online.
    You won't have a clue about anything for a long, long time.

12. Yea eve is it's own game for sure..DoTA will make you feel like a noob if you've never played it before

13. DoTa/LoL like the above poster
    Skillshot champs are fun
    But if you get used To it it's not bad

14. Hello guys! I recently DL'ed Dragon Age 2 for my computer and I must say... I love it! I can't wait to play blitzed :smoke:
    Thanks for the help guys!

15. Yea Dragon Age 2 is a pretty fun rpg. If you're liking how the game is setup, you'd probably like SW:TOR. It's made by Bioware too which is going to make it a true MMORPG. It should have a great single player and multiplayer in it, however this is hoping that it's everything that they've promised.

16. Just wait for starwars man! With over 300 million dumped into a game, it can't suck too bad... Look up some previews of it, really good looking too.

Also BF3 looks awesome!

17. I'm kinda in the same boat as the OP, played WoW for a long time super burnt out on it. Nothing seems to ever entice me. Guess I'll wait till BF 3 comes out.

18. DC universe online!

19. EVE Online
    Guild Wars 2
    Heroes of Newerth