Burned looking hairs during flowering?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by PakaMeds, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Hi,
    Buds have dark, burnt looking hair and are small and shriveled . I have an outdoor garden with Jack Herer, Critical, and Asian Fantasy in 10 gallon soil which have been flowering for 3 weeks. I have been using FF Trio and gave them a few low doses of FF Tiger Bloom with Big Bloom since flowering. Its all over the Jacks and AF but the Crit not so bad. Pics are of each strain of a healthy bud and not so healthy. Anyone know what this is? Other than that, the plants look overall great. Its just these unhealthy looking buds.

Attached Files:

2. The hairs gradually turn red and recede during flower... but all the while bursts of new white hairs will keep popping up... until it's finished then the bud should have mainly all receded red hairs... don't worry unless they all just start turning red really early and you start seeing seeds..

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

• Like Like x 3
  3. This is a pic of one of the healthy tops (normal moist with trichomes) and a pic of one thats starting to be affected by this. Once affected, growth is small, dry and no trichomes, leaves at the bud are small and wilty. Then the hairs turn really dark and its spreading to the entire plant. The Jack Herer's are completely affected by this and the buds are tiny and not growing. I am really worried about my babies.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. I am going to bed soon but the "burned" buds look like bud rot (botrytis) to me though I am sure I may be wrong ......some pictures of the whole plant(s) would be helpful - whats your weather been like (temp, humidity, sunshine, cloudy etc)?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Agree with above poster sorry OP I didn't wait for everything to load and went to bed right after so I didn't see those yellowish looking buds.

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

• Like Like x 1
  6. I wanna try growing and smoking that asian fantasy. It always looks soo dope in the pictures i see.alive and thriving.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. I live in Hawaii, so summers here are very hot and humid but they've always been catching some nice breezes and are getting a lot of attention. After researching online, i think it might be Tobacco Mosaic Virus which means my whole crop is done for. But I'm not really sure:sad:

Attached Files:

8. broad russet mites fuck up the pistils giving them a red burnt look way before they are supposed to turn red. that plant does look like it has them...get a microscope and check .you won't be able to see them with the the naked eye.

GFP

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

9. I will get a microscope and check. Hope thats the problem.