Bummed :/

Discussion in 'General' started by MasterOG, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Just got my SAT scores in today, got a 1670, dad was expecting me to get above 2000....Is this a really bad score?

2. Fuck what your dad thinks, you're a champ :bongin:

3. lol thanks, just dont want him to think im an idiot or something, he's probably gonna be pissed

4. You gotta expect that, all parents expect too much of their children. I can respect it though, they need us to be successful so we can support them when they're feeble and old.

5. Right i agree, this is was my first time taking it, for the first time do you consider this a mediocre score?

6. I honestly have no idea, I'm entering my first year of college in September.

7. oh alright, what college if you dont mind me asking

8. Bump for info, is this score really bad?

9. I really can't tell you if 1670 is bad on the SAT, as I do not want to do the research. Here in the midwest we do not even take the SAT, we take the ACT. Frankly, I have been reading a lot of reports and essays about the two tests and how they pretty much fail at prediction success at a university.

Don't worry about your score. Apply to the schools you want to get into. To be honest, I did not score very well on my ACT, but I got into my top choice university (which is damn good).

10. 1600 is good, I got a 1550 and got into every school I applied too. 2000+ is asian status (Like Upenn or Georgetown). I go to temple, i'll be a senior.

11. thats ok man although i never took the SAT i took the ACT and only got an 18 haha!

12. Alright cool, its not really even a problem with me its just my dad expected me to score above a 2000

lol alright

How'd that work out for you? lol

13. #13 sixer, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
    average sat score in 2010 was 1509

SAT Scores- Average SAT Score - What's a Good SAT Score?

i would guess you would really want to be a bit higher than the 50% mark, but if you plan on going further in school past your bachelors degree or where you are trying to get into, i wouldn't put too much stress on where u to go school for ur ba. most jobs will mainly just focus on your higher degree and where that is from. i am currently at a cal state university and not stressing about it that its not a great school. i plan on going to usc for law school. i was originally going to go to usc(was accepted) after high school, but i joined the army and decided to take a slower, less challenging route after getting out to get back into the school groove before going all out for law school

14. Take it again, you'll get to keep the higher score. And study more, it's important.

15. Anything above 16 on 3 will get you into pretty much any state school.

I got a decent scholarship cause I got a 2080 on three.

16. ive been studying for this test since January, i took it on June 4th

17. Wait, no one is gonna point out the obvious. Think of it this way.

How old were you when you took the SAT?
    Minor alert

18. #18 MasterOG, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    What exactly are you implying? I turned 18 october of last year. I left the country for a good 8-9 months and fell a little behind, so kindly get off your high horse