bulb replacement

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by k.w.crater, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Hey guys,
    New to the forum, so hello and good day. I was wondering how often you change your bulb, every grow, every other grow. I try not to post any questions that will urk anyone.
    Thanks for the response

2. You can use a bulb for a long time. Yes they do wear down but after along time of use, it would also depend on what kind of light you buy and the quality. Alot of bulbs when you buy they from a grow store will give you a warranty on the bulb. Or at least my store does. You should be able to get a few grows out of your bulbs for sure.

3. Welcome to Grasscity bro.......questions won't generally irk anybody here, especially if you have used the search function and still can't resolve your question.

Like NVS1 says, most of the name brand bulbs are warrantied, so you're covered there. The name brand bulbs usually will state their lifespan say "10,000hrs". For my purposes, I try to change out at the half life of the lifespan. (example:10,000hrs/2=5000hrs/12hrs/day=416 days) So, an HPS bulb on a 12 hour cycle would be changed after 1+years.

On an 18 or 24 hour cycle, the bulb would be replaced sooner. My Hortilux Super HPS have a 24000 hr mean life span, so I could get a couple of years from it.