Built a cloner, I got roots, now what?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by digger00, Dec 20, 2010.

1. So I followed the directions on how to build a cloner, it went great. Took some clones from my mother plants and put them in the cloner and boom like all the good people on this web site have said roots appeared.:hello: Now my question is how big do I let the root structure get before I transplant to my next medium(rockwool). Does the rockwool go right over the roots? If anyone out there could point me in the right direction I would greatly help me out. :smoke:

2. Excellent question. I grow in soil and was wondering the same thing for when I build my cloner. I was thinking that if you plant when they have started but aren't huge, you lessen the chances of damaging roots and I would think they would continue in soil?

3. normally the reason to use a aero cloner. (im assuming this; you didnt state.) is you can transplant directly in to the final medium you are going to use exaples:hydroton,perlite,coco,soil, that way you dont have two types of mediums that absorb nutes in a different way. if you were planing to do rock wool blocks from the start you probably should have just cloned in rock wool. im not sure what your final set up is going to be but if you want to use rockwool still you could by the little chunks of rockwool and pack them in around the the root system.and stem. do this asap before the roots get long and out of control. otherwise you will risk damaging them or breaking it off

4. How long did the process take you?