Building bubble bucket 3 Gallon or 5?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by buickboy, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Well I finnaly got most my stuff in and I am kinda disappointed on my size my tent :(. My question is what would be better a 3 gallon or 5 gallon bucket in 2x4 Secret Jardin DR120w? I have plenty height this tent barly goes half way up the wall and originally I was hoping to get 5 gallon bucket in there.

2. My choice is the five gallon bucket.......however it all depends on how long your going to grow. the longer you grow the more room you will need for the roots, for a short grow/flower period a 3 gallon might do. When they get tall and bushy they get thirsty I have a 3 footer that drinks 1 gallon of water a day. Its all fun and games until you run out of room then its time to rehab the enviroment.

Herb

3. in a 2x4 go for 3 gallon general rule is 1 gallon for each foot tall or month alive so 3 gallon will give u 3 months or 3 feet of vertical growth when u flower the plants they will double or triple in height

4. So if I do three gallon vs five gallon bucket how long would I veg and flower for ussaly? I got Og kush,pineapple chunk ,LSD,holy grail seeds I ordered.

5. From my experiences with buckets, i recommend the 3 1/2 gal. And thats gonna get huuuuge! I stop veggin at appx 1' give or take a lil bit and 2 plants outgrew a 4x4x5 darkroom i purchased. The ones i have in 5's are almost 6' and i vegged till bout 18" and i still have over a month left of flowering.

6. How often you refilling the bucket?

7. i refill once every other day. it seems that my plants react better when i let the roots get that extra oxygen to 'em. dont worry, they wont dry out. the only time i refill daily is if i cant see my ph pen when testing. VERY impressive results can come from DWC buckets if done properly and with care.