building a 4x8 grow room any help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by PIFF KING, Mar 3, 2010.

1. whats up city,

got a space in the basement that i was gonna use, its 4x8 will have 1 600\1 400 hps one on each side so each light will cover a 3x3 space, i have a vortex 4" fan with a phresh filter. my question is will that fan and filter be enough for space? also how many plants can i fit in a space like that? this isnt my first grow, just never had this much space before. thanks for the help

2. anyone???

3. #3 pnut420, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
    Are you going to do one cycle at a time or a perpetual cycle. I have a 6x8x6 room but i dont use the whole thing for flowering. I have a seperate chamber in there cause its my only place to dry my harvest. I use a 600hps over 4 rumple buckets and that takes up about 4x4 of my room. I would keep it to 10 plants give or take 1 cause of the wattage you are using. It depends on what you are growing in. In soil or hydro you could comfortably fit 15-20 plants. This is just my opinion based on my own setup. Oh yeah, i also use a 4" inline fan with filter in my room. To keep it at 74 degrees i have a timer on the 4" fan set to 5minutes on and 20 min off

4. id go for 8-12 plants in that space. You might want to consider changing that 400 for a 600 if you go for 12 plants. Id say 100w per plant minimum, i like to stay closer to 200w per plant but thats just my style. Your def gonna need a bigger fan unless your running co2 and thats just to refresh the air when the temps get too hot. I use a 6" vortex high output fan to vent my 600 in a 4x4 tent and its still pretty hard to keep temps down in summer, It runs 24/7. Id say youd probably want at least an 8" if not a 10"-12" if you decide to run two 600s.

good luck and let me know if you need any help, im going to be designing the same size room soon here.

5. Good points goonie, it made me mention something i forgot. I use a 600w cooltube. I have a 6" vortek fan thats cooling my light with air sucked out of another room.

so piff king, if you have a cool tube i would say the 4"inline fan will keep your room cool enough. But if you have an open hood light for your 600w, and 400w, then you will prolly need a 6"or even 8" inline fan to keep the room cool enough while sucking through a carbon filter.

6. #6 PIFF KING, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2010
    thanks, but here is the thing. the lights are going over two different areas. so i was thinking 6 under the 400 and about 8 or 9 under the 600. im gonna be cloning every 4 weeks so every thing will be on a month cycle. good idea? space in the middle is the "walkway" left and right are the spaces

Attached Files: