Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Build up tolerance to cannabis?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tumbler, Jul 15, 2010.

1. I think thats the right word. I need to get my body used to thc. I used to smoke it whenever my friends had a joint going maybe 3 puffs or 5 at the most, usually weak hash, and sometimes powerful chronic. My only problem is twice i have had the worst experience of my life. I've never done anything more powerful than, weed, coke once, and speed, but this was powerful joint, and i smoked too much too quickly. This was when I was 15, I'm 19 now.

Any-ways i took about 10 puffs long and fast, stupid i know this was when i wasnt knowledgeable enough to know to take it easy. After about 5min strangely i did not feel a thing, or at least did not realize it. After that it just HIT ME. I cant explain it, legs were so tired it almost hurt to walk, heart pounding like nothing before, and almost like a detachment from reality, the worst sensation i cant explain it, but i found it rather upsetting experience. After that my friends told me to relax, some were laughing but this guy i barely knew threatend to punch this guy if he kept laughing. After that the last half hour was just me with a heart pounding my chest, and me thinking blood is in my throat. Also i heard the pulse in my head?

This happened twice in about 10 times i have tried pot. Now i know pot isnt for everyone but im determined to consume thc one way or another, cause i know i used to enjoy it. Now im pretty scared to touch it. :(. Its ruined it for me really, i get bored just drinking alcohol.

My plan is to purchase a small amount of bud, and take ridiculously small amounts and consume it, or smoke it, and get used to the thc gradually. will this help? how do i get used to the feeling of thc, cause whenever i think im getting stoned, i associate it with that panic attack i had. I just want someone who knows about this sort of thing to tell me how to get used to the bud. Cheers. :)

2. Just smoke as much as you possibly can for as long as you can possibly sustain it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. that's crazy man.

You must be super cannabinoid deficient.

start buying your own stash and have a few bowls a day.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Derrick1284, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2010
    I used to wish that I had a higher tolerance to weed also..I used to get so baked I could hardly talk to my friends, Now I'd give anything to get that wrecked from a little weed! Oh yeah now for a little advice. Buy yourself a nice quarter oz, and take 1 hit at random points during your day..The rest should work itself out because you'll inevitably start enjoying it and smoking more.

• Like Like x 1
  5. My first time smoking. I was not new to smoke but this was the first time with weed.

I hit huge and held for 10 seconds each about 15 hits.

I felt nothing then BAM. And let me tell you I was scared for my life.

But now I can handle it.

Mainly you don't need a tolerance its just getting used to the feeling. Mentally.

Basically you need a mental tolerance not a chemical one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I agree with you there actually. I think i will just toke one now and then and go from there :)

7. you just got really high man, when i was 15 i remember one of my most intense highs i just sat on my bed while my friends did watever and all i could say was "wooooooooooooow" and i seriously thought all my friends were cavemen and i was the only human.

and it was off 1 blunt between like 4 of us so it wasnt really that much weed, it was pretty funny, wish i could get that high again.

8. Perfect. I just saved you some cash. :)

Plus do you know if it was Sativa or Indica?

9. I've had some bad experiences too and I gotta tell ya, there are several factors involved (IMO).

1.) I think weed varies greatly by the strain you smoke. I've experienced paranoia with both Sativas and Indicas. If you have the luxury of being able to stick with a few particular strains that you like (especially if you live in a Medical MJ State) then you got this part covered.

2.) If your overall tolerance is low.. there is no need to smoke alot. I used to be a major lightweight at first and it would take only 1 hit (maybe 2) to get me high. Some people just remain lightweights for a really long time. Dont feel that you have to take several hits just because your friends are doing it. Smoke just enough to make you feel good. Try taking 1 hit.. wait a few minutes before taking the next one.

3.) Your environment affects you greatly. I have a friend who I smoke with, we always laugh and have a good time when we hang out and I cant remember ever having paranoia issues when hanging out with him. I find that smoking with certain people (even if they're friends) its just not the same. Music helps ALOT. Usually the paranoia is just in your head and you just need a distraction. Joking and laughing helps but again, you have to be with the right people who's personalities are compatible with yours.

4.) Lastly, the condition of your body matters. I find that if Im very tired or worn out it hits me harder. I came back from hiking one time and smoked a bowl, it hit me VERY hard. Also your blood sugar drops a little so I would suggest smoking after a meal, have some sweets before/after smoking, or sip on a sweet drink.

Hope this helps and good luck!

10. I'm guessing Indica but I'm not entirely sure

11. Just take it easy and enjoy your situation. There are an awful lot of people here who wish that they could trade tolerances with you so they could conserve a bit.

On the other side of it, I have been there. Quite a while back I quit smoking and then came back to it after several years without so much as being in the same room with it (let's call it an extended career related T break). First bowl, pleasant all around, just as I remembered. A couple nights later I hit it up quite a bit harder and WHAM! It took about 15 minutes or so and I was gone. I hadn't slept in almost 48 hours, had almost no tolerance, and was already feeling a little disoriented and dizzy before I starting smoking. It was just a very bad call all the way around. I basically drifted in and out of sleep, confusing the two, and couldn't distinguish dreams from open-eyed visuals (I'm sure they were only dreams, but at the time it was confusing and scary as hell). I ended up bolting upstairs (at a friends house) and crashing in the bathroom, then the bedroom, for a couple hours. Not a good night. But, overall, I should have known better: too much, too fast, and I was already overtired and disoriented to begin with. The next morning, however, I was pretty damn happy to realize that not only was my tolerance super low, but I also seem to be much more sensitive to cannabinoids now than I was in college. This was even more surprising considering that I had picked up (and thankfully dropped) other, shall we say, "more potent" habits in that off time from the pleasant herb. I'll just leave it at this- Cheap highs are a very good thing.

If you do want to build up a little tolerance (I guess so that you don't come off as a super-lightweight around friends?), somebody above had a great suggestion that I completely agree with. Just get a one-hitter and smoke a little here and there throughout the day. Whatever you do though, cherish the low tolerance while you can. As long as you know your limits, it's mighty nice to be able to get where you want to be with as little as possible.

Enjoy!

12. Yo i honestly replied with my regular truth, but it's been a dry week for me sadly..

.............up until now :smoke:

One [good] bowl did it.

13. That's a great tip. I'm pretty wild when I'm high, and I know most people would find that off-putting. How do you suggest I do that?

14. You don't have a problem you just aren't a huge toker. Just try and make sure when you smoke try and smoke where you can chill out and everybody knows that you're not a heavy smoker.

15. I stopped smoking for about 18 months and just smoked for the first time since then a couple days ago... I know how you feel. And like someone else said, you were just really damn high. I got the same feeling. My heart was pounding, I felt disconnected from reality, and so on.

Tell yourself positive things in your head like "no one has ever died from weed, my heart beating fast is normal, etc."

I won't lie I was extremely retarded when I got high, the first 10-15 minutes felt weird as fuck. I took my pipe hit, then I just started thinking "hmmm I just smoked weed" then out of nowhere it hit me like a sack of bricks lol I felt like I was drifting in and out of reality and it was weird. I got myself some water and apple juice and after drinking that for a bit and chilling I started to enjoy the high and appreciated the fact that I was the most stoned i've been in a long time.

16. LAUGHING MY FKN ASS OFF!! MAN YO , that was funny; u were really high as fuK . hey but dont panic

17. The exact same has happened to me twice, I'm also 19 and iv smoked it since 16.
    Its frightening, I had 12 panic attacks and I felt as if I was going to have a heart attack!
    I'm also wanting to build my tolerance as I enjoy the happy, chatty stage of it. Just not when you reach the scary stage where it isn't fun anymore!
    I thought it was just me, but what you have said is exactly my situation :)

18. Just smoke gradually. Take a hit, wait 5-10 min, if you feel you are where you want to be, great. If not take another hit and wait again. Rinse and repeat until you feel comfortable with your high.

• Like Like x 1
  19. i had smoked weed like 5 times before but oce i smoked with some random thugs and only a friend of mine, took like 6-7 big hits very fast and after 10 minutes i was completely fucked up. Couldnt walk and was forgetting everything after 3 minutes. The trippy music wasnt helpful either. Smoke in a confortable environment.

Now if i get that high i enjoy t because i am more used to it.

I was like you and wanted to get a tolerance because i wanted to be able to smoke more cuz i love the tast and generally i love smoking (I also smoke cigs). I think the best is when you can smoke a good joint by yourself, get high as fuck but be able to control yourself.

I got friends that can smoke like a quarter by themselves... If your friends are like that too dont try to smoke as mch as they do. Just take it slowly so you can see how you feel and if you should smoke more.

20. Ok people try this on for size. I smoked a hit off a single Marijuana leaf not even fully smoked it and was pretty high and good from that. that's sad in my book so how many times til build tolerance 3 , 5 , 7. it feels lame. not even a full single leaf