Build a room or keep the tent?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Deleted member 1127179, Dec 26, 2020.

1. The tent setup I have is pretty good now, but it's not without it's problems. It's right next to our gas meter in the basement. So sometime in the future they'll be someone coming to check it from the gas company. I could move the tent to the other side of the basement but it'll still be hard to conceal.

So, should I just move the tent to the other side of the basement? Just cover it with a tarp and boxes if anyone needs access to the basement. Or, build a dedicated 8x12 room? The room would be another pricey venture. Especially since I haven't made a return on what I've started already.

Thoughts?

2. What is the soonest (estimated) possible time that you could receive a visit from someone that needs to peek in your basement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. And are you even growing enough product that your financial return after your first crop would yield enough to enable you to even build a room?

4. Supposed to get checked every 2 years. That'll be in March. Hvac inspector still has to come out and check the new central air system. Thats been put off because of the virus.

Rough estimate, I believe I'll yield more but I have around 10-15 grand worth of plants in an 8x4 and 4x4.

5. Is this your first indoor grow?

Can you post some pics?
    That’s a lot of money. How much do you get per pound where you live?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes, 1st grow indoors. Don't have a pic of the 4x4, it has 5 plants in it currently. I have a Red Poison and 2 Dark Devils curing now. Screenshot_20201225-090152.png Screenshot_20201225-090210.png

7. Id build a room that i could go in and have room to work and walk around if ur basements big enough and keep a lock on door(s)

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. Full unfinished basement. I have a perfect 8x12' area

• Like Like x 4
  9. Sounds like a winner to me man!

10. So many questions. So many variables. I have done both....tents and build-outs.

Can we know where you live? Are you in the US? What kind of trouble are you looking at if you get busted? Is it legal where you are you just don’t have a cultivator’s license, or would you be hunted by every LE agency for growing plants?

What materials would you use if you built a room? Metal or wood frame?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Us, illegal state, metal studs, drywall just on the outside. Reflective insulation on inside, and ceiling.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just dont advertise and show it off to company witch i doubt ud do...and i thknk ull be all good....ive never helped on a big buold but i know guys thats done it here in In. and been cool

13. Still a big decision. Hopefully after this grow the wife will actually see how much we're saving growing ourselves. We're spending at least 1200 a month on bud. Probably more around 1400.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. This is a 10x10 in my shop. Newly legal state this year but no license or cards acquired so illegal still lol.. This will be flower. I'll have a 5x10 veg room built off of this with a door separating the two then a 12x10 mancave area off of the veg room. I'll keep supplies in here, trim, chill. I'll enter from the main shop into the mancave. Then door to veg room. Then door to flower room.

20201208_134122.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. Thats whats up...a big ass pole barn and like how u have them threw room to room ftom inside man

• Like Like x 1
  16. I personally wouldn’t connect the rooms at all. I like the idea of entering the man cave first and then into the rooms so you can quarantine and change clothes before you do garden work. But I wouldn’t connect the veg and flower room(s)....just for contamination reasons. If you have pests or mold in one room you certainly don’t want it to spread into the other room.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Very valid point! And the clothes and latex gloves afe feally good ideas