Build a grow shed

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by jacksLowBudgetGrow, Jun 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. any plans on building a very sercure shed from start to finish

I have spent the last mouth making the plans and it looking good, better than any shed I have seen on the market for the price

Just wanted to see if this had be done on here

open to new ideals on a shed build 8ft x 7ft for under £900

2. I’ve built a few sheds around that size but not for growing. Are you including lights, fans, wiring, and insulation into that £900?

Going to want to build a subfloor and put it on blocks to keep it off the ground if it’s not going on a slab. They are pretty simple to build if you’ve worked construction or have any sort of builders mindset. Can’t really critique what plans you have without a picture though

• Like Like x 1
  3. £900 is just the cost of the shed
    I was going to build the shed on a concrete slab without a base

Along the back, have a raised 12"x 12"concrete block with a 160mm pipe in the centre top with a hole cut out center top to get rid of the hot air
    And the same on two sides for cool air comming in from the front sides

Also it raised at the front
    Going to have 4x2 cls treated places (45w x 95h) on the back of the raised sides
    Going to place the rasied block on dpm 1200 and staple it to the timber to make it damp proof
    Will add dpm onto the floor of the shed raised ( will add couple of bags of building sand and between the plastic and concrete floor to reduce the plastic getting holes in but done in a way, I can replace it

(Wall) featherboard/dpm/obs 18mm ply/ (45mm thick foil insulation roll between 4x2 cls 45mm thick (frame wall)/ 6mm ply/ some foil for light reflection
    So I have thick soil walls (no hole in the side of shed) :)

And roof same as the walls without feather boad and both ply going to be 18mm thick

• Like Like x 1
  4. Man it sounds like you have a solid plan. Don’t forget to double layer chicken wire any air intake/exhaust points to keep the critters out. I’d paint the entire exterior flat white to help with temp regulation as well. Are you going to shingle the roof or go with a plastic/metal option?

5. I have been designing it on qcad and it's looking great, I would love to paint the outside white but I have to make it look like a home built shed and a bright white shed might tell others there a grow room inside

Thinking about doing a flat roof on top, raised beds or green roof to keep it cool also keeping the room cool and silent is going to be easy with the right planning, thinking about making a H shape with 160mm pipeing in soild concrete block so the hot air going into the center of the H and exits each of the 4 ends, dont think you could feel the heat or hear it by the time it exits the pipes, pull air in the back edge.

Just brought the chopsaw

Have the door open inwards so it's easy to make airtight, 2 x morse and tentent locks, a few holes on each side of the front door so they don't know which way the door opens(right or left)

Use 2 pairs or high sercure hinges on the door and make it very soild

Door frame going to be 4x4 with 4" screws for the hinges

• Like Like x 1
  6. Starting to think of the inside design of the shed, what do you fellow growers think ?
    can you see any problems.
    using the veg room/small flower room to dry bud when I move plants into the larger flower room.
    for the first 2 weeks (then I will move 1/3 of the plants into the smaller flower room)
    drying bud on net wire as its easy to put up and take down, anybody tried this before ?

room setup.png

This was my original idea

room setup two.png