Build a grow box with 600 dollars

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by SmokinTurds, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Hi, im trying to build a grow box for what will be my first time try growing. I have a 600 dollar limit and would love to know some design ideas or if anyone knew of good tutorials to show you how to build one. I'd like to be able to grow 6-8 if possible, the first strains being Caramelicious Feminized and Le Fruit Defendu Feminized. Any Ideas?

2. Budslinger's Recirculating Bubble Buckets if doing hydro. Easiest and cheapest tutorial for a beginner I've seen and it has loads of pics.

3. I was doing a little research and was wondering if perhaps this would be a gd idea also. I was going to buy a HTG 400w Small Grow Tent Kit, which would take care of all the lighting, ventilation(400w HPS bulb and MH conversion bulb, and storage area(22"x36"x63") Then i was going to buy the basic Cali grow kit which is like 99$ which comes with the hydro kit. It's a 4 plant container a little less then i wanted but i think it would be smarter since it's my first time. Does it sound like i'm on the right track? I also decided to change the type of plants to Northern Lights and Blue Mystic because i heard NH is a good beginner strain and is a short plant, same with Blue Mystic.

4. Are you insistent on building? I can buy a 1.2m2 tent with fan, filter and 600w HPS for £225 here which works out about $300-$350. Maybe you could build a small CFL box for $100 or so and see how you get on with growing. Then if you like it, you could buy a tent with HPS and the CFL box can have mother plants for cloning. All options it's up to you anyway I can never decide what to build/buy personally.

5. I can't find that deal with a worthwhile tent anywhere in US bro.

6. ^^ check out amazon.com for tent, light, and fans

7. Yeah but for 350 total was my point. Not if you want ur stuff to work. Lol