Bugs n stuff

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JHerrer Fan, Jan 27, 2013.

1. So I saw two small small ants walking around in my soil. Should I be worried? Not sure how they got in but when she gets bushy I won't be able to kill these so easily.

Any idea on what they are?

2. Just looking for food or a nice place to hide for the winter. I've never had them actually build in plant pots or screw with leaves personally. I have a bunch of ornamentals inside and see a few ants here and there but they haven't caused problems.

3. Also if worried just get some of those sticky traps from Walmart. Much better than taking a chance spraying or dusting with chemicals.

4. Well I don't think it's bad but I have a tent and I'm racking my head trying to figure out how they got in. Could they have already Been in the soil prior to be planting?

5. This happens sometimes, I've heard. With miracle grow soil specifically.

6. Used happy from and ocean forest

7. It could have. Unfortunately no matter what brand the soil it is at the mercy of whoever stores it. My shops keeps it inside, as I would assume most do. Box stores are bad about leaving pallets of soil outside for god knows what to make it their home. Ants are clever little creatures though, they could have easily found the way from outside your house to the tent.