Bug problems please help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by saul0923, Dec 20, 2017.

1. I have gnats and alot of them. Ive got diatomatious earth in my pots, sticky tap all over, vinager and dish soap mix (which by the way is a kick ass mixture had like 30 in each bowl first day.) And peroxide mix for the soil for the larva. All of which work but not well enough. I dust often with de and these things are flying around with it on them. The sticky tape and vinagwr is working good and knocked em way down but there still there all the time. And in large numbers per pot. Any tips for how to get rid of them or something else i can try. I used my whole arsenal. But luckily no damage to plants yet. Would bput pic but there quick little bugers. Ladybugs maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Buy a bunch of ladybugs before u have no plants brother. I keep a few in my room no matter what

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lady bugs!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. Adult flying fungus gnats pose no threat to your plant - however their larva will chomp on your roots. You're doing the right thing for the adults but you have to kill the larva or it will be a never ending cycle. I have tried the hydrogen peroxide drench but it didn't work for me. I use Gnatrol and I do 3 drenches - one every 3 days - it kills them dead. Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Keep your soil dry long as you can before watering. They love moisture.

6. Thanks everyone ill prob try a mix of all of em. Im fighting a full war over here. Gnatol is that organic hate to be that guy but just dont want anything that will mess with the taste of mybuds in a few weeks out from flowering

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ladybugs will kill them all in about 2 days.. Larvae included

8. Ok awsome one last question will the de cut and kill the ladybugs

9. Yes

10. Because he has some Fungus gnats?

J

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yep . Fungus knats lay over 200 eggs a week. They will attack your root system and can kill smaller plants . Your bigger plants it will affect your yield size because that they attack the root system and shit so much they block the drainage on your soil.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

12. shit so much they block the drainage on your soil”

Interesting! That is a whole LOT of shit!! Lol

Gnats are a nuisance & 99.9% of the time nothing more.

Quothe the raven - nothing more.

J

• Like Like x 1