Buffaloam

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Frozenburnt, Aug 9, 2011.

1. It contains buffalo compost, kelp meal and endomycorrhizae. All good things, however the mycos are better dusted on roots at transplant than used in a tea. So that leaves you with buffalo compost and kelp meal. Kelp meal is amazing stuff, and I've never used buffalo compost, but I would assume it's along the lines of cow manure as long as its composted thoroughly. So that leaves price as the determining factor for me, couldn't find a price on the website you linked. If it isn't outrageously priced, I say try it and see what kind of results you get. I personally think it would be cheaper in the long run to just buy a bag of their buffalo compost and get some kelp meal and make your own. Not sure of your prices there, but here 1lb of mycos is ~$16, kelp meal is ~$55 for a 50lb bag, I know that sounds like a lot but it will last you a long time, and in the long run will probably save you money.

2. If you were to run this manure through a worm bin you would be paid back in spades because you would increase the microbial levels by 200 - 300%

Same with poor quality thermal compost, animal manures in general, etc.

HTH

LD

3. It was only a few bucks for the box so I decided to go ahead and try it. I picked it up and mixed some in with my promix and transplanted into the new pots. I used it dry mixed in vs using it as a tea. I would like to start keeping a worm box down in the basement maybe. My grandparents always had boxes of night crawlers around. Would night crawlers be adequate for the work I need them for? I'm just trying to get into this whole organic thing and am very busy doing research constantly.

4. I actually use this:D So far I am not far enough into my grow yet to see how it will work but we will see in a few months:D