Buds with new shoots

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bonedingus, Feb 27, 2013.

1. I started these to flower in early nov, then like a month ago I turned them back to 10 hours of light and still these things are growing shoots like mad and they look like they are covered with seed pods but there are no males so idk, anybody seen this? [​IMG][/url] [​IMG] [​IMG][/IMG]

2. What strain is it? Do you have any light leaks? Why did you switch to 10 hrs of light? It almost looks like she's trying to re-veg. The last pic just looks like swollen calyxs, but can't tell without giving one a squeeze. Are there actually seeds in it, or does it just look that way. Squeeze one. When you let a plant go till the buds are ripe they will look swollen like that with the hair resceeded in.

3. #3 bonedingus, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2013
    I was thinking the same thing they are trying to reveg, so I turned them back trying to get them to finish. I have no idea what they are, they are seeds from crap I got on the street. I had a purple one in with them and it finished out fine but the other three, which are all different strains all show growth like this, they get some indirect light but very little. they are under a 600 watt mh so some light from and incandescent in another room wouldnt effect it would it?

It couldnt be veging Im thinking because each new growth has the little white hairs coming out of them?? If it was trying to veg it would grow leaves?...or would it, Im pretty green at this, its my third go at it so Im learning. Those buds are huge, to the point they are trying to fall over...crazy..
    [​IMG]
    this was taken on the 19th the one below today
    [​IMG]

4. It's called Fox-tailing, and can happen late in the flower cycle and is sometimes induced by heat stress.

It's sometimes good; sometimes not depending on the strain. I had an Exodus Cheese phenotype that did it consistently.

J

5. #5 bonedingus, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
    Ill bet ya cold stress does the same these plants have been cold, they are indoors.....kinda. They are already waaay heavy if they fill in they will be insane. Thanks jerry

6. Have you checked trichomes or anything yet? Four months is an awfully long flowering cycle. I would think even if you're flowering under only a MH bulb you'd be looking at 10-12 weeks max. Some strains will continue to produce new pistils even when the buds are ripe, and that's kinda what this looks like to me. Calyxes all look swollen, most pistils have receded, and i'd guess that you have a lot of amber trichs too. Once you get to a certain point, the THC content actually degrades. If this has been flowering since early November I think it's definitely ready. The new growth just looks like fox tailing and it wouldn't really be worth keeping her going if she were mine.

7. I know I look at them every day and no amber trichs, they are looking cloudy on the one with the phone pic, I think Ill go ahead and take that on but the other one is just now really showing trichs and really has no smell but Ive always thought it was behind the others.

8. As Jerry said, it's foxtaling. I personally don't like it. The "shoots" become very airy and dry out too fast. The nugs look horrible when they dry out after a couple of months of storage.