Buds taking over a week to dry..

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by AntonROUGH, May 21, 2011.

1. Ive been drying my bud in an old grow tent.. Humidity is like 78%.. So i added 2 fans and left the zipper open.. Think this will lower the humidity? My buds dont have any sign on mold ive been looking closeley

2. Fans won't really lower the humidity, but the increased air flow will help a lot. The humidity will go down a bit because the moist air from the buds will move out of the tent more quickly. If the temperature is low enough you could add a small space heater near the tent opening.

3. My temps are usually about 65.. Think it would be alright to throw it in there? Just set it to a low setting? There currently all drying in paper bags. Im thinking about lying them all out on something open so i know non are sitting ontop of eachother and then put the space heater infront of the tent

4. your better off using a food dehydrator with a timer, 15 minutes on at the lowest setting and 30 minutes off. Unusual that the temp is lower then the humidity, The tent walls must be sweating at 65 and 78% humidity

5. Can you hang them on hangers and hook the hangers on something in the tent? If the stems are not long enough to hang, just set them side be side on some paper, so they're not touching. Being inside the bags might be part of the reason they're not drying quickly. If you dry them slowly and don't get mold, it's better for flavor than drying them quickly.

6. What's the humidity outside the tent? Unless it's lower then you won't achieve much by opening the tent.

You could try some Damp-Rid (Lowes/Home Depot/etc) to lower humidity. I would not try anything that will dry it out too quickly.

7. Humidity is now sitting at 65%... Buds should be done for tommorow.. Hopefully the long drying period was good for em'

8. Itl be a good for em. A week to 10 days is average imo. Some people drag the drying process out for 2 even 3 weeks mate.
    Obviously your high humidity is an issue, but if you can get your environment tweaked a little, just give your bud as long as they need. Long dry, long cure.

9. Ended up with 8oz's on the dot! Wooo. Idk if the buds are completley dry cause the stem does a bend and then little crack.. But there jarred up and im watching them closley to make sure no condensation builds up inside the jar because the last thing i want is MOLD!

10. probably took so long cuz the extreme density of the NUGS