buds so small? whyyy

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dude1, Jul 28, 2010.

1. vegged for about a month. lst'd. using cfls, 130 watts. using jacks bloom booster nutes. barely started molasses. what can be wrong? strain?
    looks like a strong indica here

2. heres pic

Attached Files:

3. probably lack of enough light.

4. You're using 130W of lights. That's why.

Though it looks like you still have a ways to go in flowering. They'll probably get somewhat bigger.

5. Like the guys before me said...throw some light on that bitch!

Annnddddd...you only veg'd it for a month?! The bigger the plant the bigger the flowers(buds)

Let it veg for say 3 months and look at the buds then...

6. #6 Rhythm of Life, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2010
    OP I'd get some more light on there. I got 180 watt going, FFOF soil, FF big bloom, FF tiger bloom, and Sweet for nutes. Pics are below.

Also, you don't need to veg it to have big buds.

Nor do you need big pots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All those plants went from clone and were transplanted straight into flowering.

7. Thats impressive rhythm of life.Nice lil buds:smoking:

8. can I use 23 watt cfl's, that you can buy in home depot ?
    or do you need blue spectrum cfl 23 watt, do pet stores carry these?

9. for vegging look for 6500k on the box and for 2700k for flowering. you should mix the spectrum a bit for each but for veg you want mostly 6500k lights and for flower mostly 2700k lights. you can get them at walmart, home depot, or wherever. even safeway sells them

10. how many watts u using? i now have 162. i just added a double socket light . im thinking about replacing 1 other light with a 42 watt

11. You LST(topped)your plants to bush out so you need to get more light above and closer to the plants. When you LST you have more flower sites but, the flowers are smaller than if you had one nice cola.
    CFL's are good to grow with and a 133 actual watts(not equivilent)is enough but, you need more light for your type of growing. In any case more light is always better!!

Your buds will start stacking and get bigger about 5 weeks into flowering and even more by adding more light from 2700K cfl"s

12. Oh, and are all those plants in one pot?!

Big no no...

13. more light might be the answer, but you still have time for those flowers to puff up. so i think you might get a decent yeild. a month of veg is good, i have never grown indoors, but outdoors my plants been vegging about 2 months that MAY help. make sure u giving them a healthy dose of the nutes. I was using a weak version of nutes with all the numbers in single digits 6-4-4, and then i realized to give them a double dose.

14. hey isnt LST low stress training, which topping them causes stress? I thought it LST means like the sog or scrog using a screen or tying down. I not trying to split hairs but I trained my plants this year, and it worked decently well, but next year i plan to do a more agressive training to get even better results.

15. r u talking about my picture? its 1 plant, just lst'd. hoping to get more yeild than i did before. before i did nothing to the plant, no lst ,no topping, and i got 32 grams. straight to 12/12 from seed

16. Yeah thats where I bought all my CFL`s at Home Depot when I first started, there are two types of 23 watt CFL`s, the daylight ones will be 6500k and the soft white ones will be like 2700k. From what I read is that you want like a 2:1 or 3:1 raitio of 6500k & 2700K CFL bulbs to get both light spectrums. Natural sunlight is a mix of both spectrums just one spectrum is stronger then the other for a certain amount of time during the year is what I would figure. Thats for Veg growth and then switch to more 2700k when you want to flower.

17. home de'pot also has a 65 watt 300eq 2700k bulb at about $15....should be by the hps bulbs...should get at least 1 of these to light plant from top with reflector....light sides and budsites with smaller cfls...dont go below 23 watt 100eq bulbs...buds should fatten up some in the next couple weeks..good luck...bud nutes and molassas now:smoking:

18. hahahah how did all those plants even survive with that amount of light.

19. Thanks :)

I have a mixture of light spectrums in with the CFLs. Mostly 3200k, 2 6500k and I think one in the 4000's. Home depot lights are good to go, I bought mine at Lowes.

180 watts.

20. you need more light,and some strains are runty