Buds Drying Out, Dying

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Tokin_Smokin_69, Sep 22, 2007.

1. I've had a nice grow going outdoors for several months. Everything has been fine and the plants have looked great until the last week or so. The buds on a couple of my plants are dying and I'm wondering if this has happened to any of you before. They are pretty late in the flowering stage but all of a sudden a few of the buds are dead or dying. They look like roundup has been sprayed on them or something and I'm not sure why this is happening. I'm talking dark brown and crumbling type dying.:eek: The strain is SSH, btw. I'm too tired to go into detail now but has this happened to you guys before? If so, what was the end result? Were you able to correct the problem?

2. might be farasium wilt .... cut off the bud just before the deadness begins and cut open the stem to see if it is white or redish brown... sounds viral

3. can you post pics?

4. hey gunja man how ya doin .... i havent been here in ages ... use to be frog godbee n i forgot my password so i signed up again with this nick

5. Nasa good to see ya man, I knew something was familiar about your posts

6. Look for a hole at the stem were the bud starts to die. If there is a hole look around for dark brown/black pellet looking things the size of a pen tip. Can't miss them they will be clustered together. If that is the case you have pillers.

I had the best nug on my plant break off half way up 4 years ago. The rest was great.

I hope this is not the case!!!!!

Good luck.

Oh! The reason I keep bringing up pillers is cause outdoor has few problems but this is the BIGGEST.
    Plus I'm a stoner and I repeat myself. :smoking: