Budget Grow

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by tgrades3, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Im on a budget and dont have alot to go spend on all the necessary items for a good grow. I have 1 seed that im gunna grow and i was wondering if a 20 watt bulb would be good for inside. I have a little area that im growing in before i move the plant outside with the warmer weather.

I was planning on putting tin foil around so the light can reflect back onto the plant.

Any help is appreciated. Ive never done this before and im very interested in it and i want to grow more if this is somewhat successful.

2. Hey dude i just read your other thread, send me a message and we can discuss how we can get you started

3. I've got a led light but it's only 3.2w I think and got 90 LEDs, the plant is growing but I know I'm gunna need another light soon, I've got a ballast but no proper light, what's the cheapest thing I could use with my ballast, don't really have much money to buy expensive equipment, thanks

4. my light setup cost me 20 bucks in total

1 * power bar
    3* plug in sockets
    3* 23w CFL's (cool)

5. What's a power bar?

6. like an extension with multiple outlets

7. Ahh right thanks

8. image-1439295284.jpg
    How's that for a budget grow?

9. Do some research....Id suggest at LEAST 5000-6000 lumens per plant. So about 4 23w CFLs. Which is like $5 at home depot right now.

10. My grow is something like tht I think the bulb I gt was a 60watt CFL....I jst hd to throw away the seedling bcuz I guess it wasn't getting enough light....I bought a lamp took the lamp shade off it so the bulb ws only out bt the seedling was so tall and skinny like it was stretching for light....I dnt know if the lamp was to high up or not close enough or what.....it was in a small corner of my closet I didn't have any reflectors or anything set up so the cldve been the problem also