budget grow for pleasure and profit. comments welcome.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by THUG, Apr 23, 2004.

1. red cross is going to be where the vent goes i think.

havent lined the front bit and the door yet, thats gonna be the tricky bit i think.

Attached Files:

2. im keeping the shelf in just for now. might be handy to put fans on or something. if it gets in the way then out it goes.

Attached Files:

3. transplanted the 1st of the clones into cellmax grow cubes.
    cubes were presoaked over night in ph 6.0 water to clean them up a bit.
    clones roots were cleaned of "most" soil then potted into the cellmax. watered in with room temp water containing few drops of superthrive, 3ml of canna strata veg nutes to 10ltr of water. ph 5.6

i'll watch this plant for a few days and if there isnt any problems i'll do the rest of the plants.

Attached Files:

4. i didnt fill the pot becuse im expecting to lose a few bottom leaves, also i may get some streach so i'll be able to top up the pot later.

even if nither of them things do happen i'll be taking cuts from the bottom of this plant before it goes into flower so it will get topped up at some point.

5. .

Attached Files:

6. my next victims

Attached Files:

7. looking good with the white plastic in there. have you tried running the 400w in there the to see if the light shines through? or have you gotten the light yet?.... anyways, i'd keep the shelf just as a handy place to put temp and ph gauges and stuff...

8. i havent quite finished it yet, busy at work so dont have a lot of time to go get some more plastic. thats just off cuts in there at the moment. but it is total blackout plastic, 3 layers (white/black/white) so it wont glow through, just where iv stuck it together iv got to worry about. that and getting the ducting for the fan and filter light tight.

i think your right about leavin the shelf in. might even have to hang the fan off it, not sure how much weight the thin little tube that holds the roof up will take.

i'll get more done over the long weekend, it might even look like a grow room by next week.

9. i must say out of all the new guys, you and blaze are putting some of us to shame, shit im one of em! youre doing the tent and blaze has got the insane operation going on. thanks for bringing some flavor and knowledge to the city, ill be watchin this one too!

10. thanks for those kind words dread.

i hope your'll give some opinions aswell as just watch. this is my first go at a tent and first time with the growcubes, so this is going to be a learning curve for me and i know im going to make mistakes.

11. Kick ass idea. I got a 600 and I'm moving soon so I'm going to start checking out some pvc etc. I'd like to do something like this.

You're definately going with a cge right? Or are you going to like do a air extraction like 15 minutes out of every hour or what?

Consider this thread bookmarked. :)

12. cge? sorry mate thats a new one on me. explain please.

im going to sort an inline fan and a carbon filter. i have a 8inch lti fan but if i uesd that inside a tent it would just suck the sides in unless i had huge inlets or a speed control. i also need a filter. for what the filter or the speed control would cost i could get a smaller fan and filter that could be run constent. also the draw off the lti is 110watts, it was brought for a 3k grow that didnt happen. way to big for this i think.

i dont really want to run the fan on/off. noise is a consern and i find fans make the most noise when starting. also if im going to grow hydro inside a plastic bag (well thats what it is!) then i dont want it to sweat loads so while the lights are on then so is the fan.

glad you like the thread so far mate.

13. CGE Is a closed growing environment. I believe Blazing 420's kickass flowering room is set up this way. I think it's a completely closed off area, where the temp can get a little higher due to kick ass expensive co2 systems..... I was just wondering if the tent was going to be set up like that.

I hope it all goes well for you man. Keep us posted and this post will be cool for some new growers interested in starting hydroponics (people like me :)). Stay up playa!

14. lol silly me... id just been reading his thread aswell.

no mate, im not going to be folowing any kinda plan or style. infact to misquote bruce lee its "a style without style....."

im not to keen on the idea of co2, i just want to keep it as simple as possable. but if i have venting or heat problems then i might have to think about it

15. hey man...

your definatley on the right track there, definatley.

good look with it all

dave.

16. im interested on how the growcubes go, ive been thinking it would be a pretty good medium, or even mixed into soil.... arent they just like little 1/2" rockwool cubes?

17. yeah just little bits of rockwool john.

so far no bad signs from the 1 plant in the cubes, no growth either that iv noticed but i expect its rooting ok.

i'll pot up some more this weekend and then we'll see how they do. they might make a good substuite for swc in 1 of your little stealth grows, would be a lot quieter atleast.

dave, nice of you to drop in.

i thought you might like this, it'll probably end up like your 2 light grow. any tips you wanna pass on well be welcome.