Budding in 1 month????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by grasscityisA++, Oct 22, 2008.

1. I've been growing this plant for probably a little over a month. 24/0 CFL lights, temp always around 80, and using the LST method.
    Well, the bud spots are starting to get white hairs on the top of them, especially the main top one...is this normal....or is it somehow trying to flower? Its only about 6 inches tall...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. i'd say its flowering for sure

3. how much light do you have on it?

4. that thing looks dried and crusty. how many cfl you using?

5. I have 6 23 watt cfl's

6. bump
    whats up with my plant?

7. Obviously some type of stress is being put on it. I really can't say what though.

8. Lack of information leads to lack of response.
    List everything you can about your setup.

9. Okay.
    2 by 2 by 3 foot grow box, painted white on the inside. temp is usually around 80 degrees, humidity is at 50%. There are (6) 23 watt CFL's on 24 hours a day for a little over a month now. The soil is I think 3 parts topsoil, 1 part prelate, 1 part vermiculite. I started LST maybe about 2 weeks ago...and that seems to be when it started to produce the white flower looking hairs...
    The bottoms bigger leaves dried and died off...but the rest of the plant looks plenty healthy.umm...yea..
    So what should I do?...

10. What are you feeding it? How much do you water? This has nothing to do with you're question they just look under fed and over watered.

11. I just used some tomato plant spikes... :/
    And I just water sparingly when the soil is dry an inch under...

12. The nute spikes can cause problems, you're watering habits seem fine. What strain is this?

13. bag seed
    I'd appreciate it if I can get some proven nutrition methods...
    What do I need to look for?...
    also, can my plant recover from this...or should I just put it under 12/12 and see what happens?

14. Maybe if you move the light away from it, it will grow higher because plants usually grow toward light. If it's in the flowering stage you should totally have the light further away.

15. I'm using the LST method on it....
    that plant is actually about 9 inches tall

16. Why would you say that? CFLs need to be real close all the time.

17. Mels lol you crack me up

and as for your issue. It looks like a calmag deficiency. Your getting spots and yellow leaves right? It can also be a nitrogen Def.

What PPM are you feeding your plant? you might not be giving it the right amount of nutes and your just over watering it. Not to sure about your soil either. 3 parts might be to much.

18. I believe what you are experiencing is the result of several forms of stress occurring simultaneously. When subjected to above-average stress the plant can react in a number of different ways. If severely stressed, this could trigger a survival mechanism causing the plant to react by say "flowering early". My guess would be that if left unchanged the plant would try to develop male flowers in an attempt to produce seeds and complete the life cycle.

Checking the guides in mjboys' sig will no doubt yield some information that will help you with your situation. Try to gleam as much info. from the guides and stickies as you can and apply what you've learned. If you're still having issues, try asking questions with a bit more specificity and you'll likely get answers to match.

One good idea is to grow more than one plant to provide a control group by which to compare your results when diagnosing/troubleshooting and eventually remedying the problem/s. Hope that helps. Good luck.