Bud worth drying and curing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JaysKaya, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Hey folks,

Just recently harvested my first grow. Ran into several problems throughout the grow, started out great but then had some deficiencies and problems with plant height and light. Had to chop early because all my fan leaves basically died and the bud was just burning basically. Either way, I harvested just to get an idea of trimming and what not. Wanted to know if it’s worth drying and curing the bud? I have one pic here I can post more. The buds are super airy, some have good trichomes still on it but it smells grassy. Def learned a lot from the first run.

Let me know !

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. All of that work just to trash it? Haha no bro dry that stuff up and smoke it. Good luck with the end result. Trimming gets boring quick. :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dry it as properly as you can and jar + burp it for a few weeks, can't hurt to give it a try.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Haha good thinking - I have it drying now gonna cure it and see what I get! Have auto seeds ready to get planted, hoping for a better run for sure

• Like Like x 3
  5. Finished marijuana is always worth harvesting Trust the process

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Always harvest my friend unless its got mold or mildew. In this case harvest the fuck out of it and, trim it up.

Hang those nugs out to dry on clothes hangers in a dark space till the small stems snap off. Then jar it up and, cure it.

Open the jars once or twice a day to burp it then after 3 weeks or more they're ready for good times. Happy smoking.

• Like Like x 1
  7. You didn't mention your light, but based on the plant and the airy buds, my guess is that it's not very good. I suggest better lighting and training if you want a better run next time. Good luck. :)

8. It’s viparspectra 300w LEDs- the plant grew strong it was huge and healthy but my timer messed up and it’s kind soil, since the timer messed up it took way to long for the plant to switch to flower and the nutrients just got eaten up. Eventually I will get more expensive equipment. But for now I just want to get the hang of everything

9. That light will do good for one plant. If you want to get the most out of your light and increase your yield I would do some lst or some type of training. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Could always make Tincture or RSO outta that. =)

Check out @PsychadelicSam threads for info.

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1