bud worm

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by lilredrice, Sep 28, 2013.

1. There back again! 2/3 week away from harvest should I spray a couple bt?

Attached Files:

2. Idk but that weed looks nice.

3. I say BT till 1 day before harvest!

4. If you don't BT em they'll just keep eating buds.

5. Bt them and wash before hanging to dry

6. Thanks guys, I bought some Monterey bt instead of the safer brand because its have more bt. Tryed to pluck it out but failed.

7. #7 STIGGY, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2013
    Any pics of the worm?
    [​IMG]

8. #8 lilredrice, Sep 29, 2013
    its not that big I hope not lol, here is a old pic but its around that size.

9. I usualy do a mix of pyrethrin concentrate with either Captain Jacks Dead Bug Brew or BT. As for pulling bud worms out I have tried various types of tweezers and the one in the pic below works the best but unfortunately I cant find them like that anymore. They are kinda long with a skinny neck perfect for pulling worms out of buds and in between buds. We get both bud worms and California Oak worms here.

Attached Files:

10. I can't seen to find pyrethrin at a hydro store. Where do you gets Ura?

11. #11 tplat, Sep 29, 2013
    I get mine on Amazon. When spraying your plants for the first time always mix it up at the weakest mix ratio and do a small test spray on a small section of the plant and wait a little while. Don't spray when its warm or hot out and don't spray in direct sunlight. I found that early morning or evening before the sun hits the plants the best time to spray. If their budding I spray early morning so the sun drys it out in a short period of time. We usualy get the Bonide brand. The one drawback to using pyrethrin by itself for worms is that they have to come in direct contact with it before it drys up and it does dry up rather quickly so if the worms are inside the buds it may not get them that's why I mix BT or spinosad concentrate with it. Either one of those two sprays stays on the plant longer and are safe to use with in a certain period of time before harvest.

12. #12 Spid3r mite, Sep 29, 2013
    Don't fail at plucking them, they squirm but they don't move fast. Try to rinse the worm poo out to prevent mold.

Look around for more browning hairs (pistils) and go on a plucking spree. Then spray with spinosad or bt.

13. #13 Spid3r mite, Sep 29, 2013
    I'm sure if you look around you can find some not so pointy ones on here. Just expect a 30day shipping time
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/AntiStatic-tweezers-Anti-Static-tweezers-anti-static-esd-tweezers-BGA-tweezers-6-sizes-set/453473586.html

14. If you found one you have dozens more odds are of assorted sizes.. Spray BT.. Spray weekly with out failure.. Run a bug zapper near by to help control the moths.. Spray right up till the week before harvest.. Very early morning application I find is best that way it's all dry before the sun hits it..

15. Anyone know if bug zapper light affects the flower cycle?

16. Actualy I found some like it today on Amazon made by the same company just a little different, more angled then what I got but would still work nicely. The ones I got are discontinued and I did find more if I want to order $300 worth of them for the minimum order, lol.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0049POUXA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1BS10OJUM0ECV

17. ive just had this issue and thought i might share what i use, take some mineral soap and water about 50:1 soulution and spray this works for all pests is biodegradable and will  not leave a film, it works very well and comes off with a simple spray off with the hose. Here is the kind i use not the cheapest but one bottle should last quite a few seasons http://www.naturerich-inc.com/corporate/MineralSoap.cfm

18. Just in case you didn't know but BT sprays break down in about 3 days, pyrethrin a couple of hours or until its dry. In late flowering I would try to keep the spraying to a minimum especialy if you have to rinse the spray off would make me leary and worried  about bud rot. This year hasn't been that bad for bud worms but because of the above average warm temps for an extended period of time were still getting bud worms and normaly don't this time of the year however we deal with bud worms from about March to November.

19. theres no real need to spray off it breaks down in days much like BT but never a fan of BT for it always leaves residue and clouds the foliage up, mineral soap on the other hand is body wash, tooth paste, shampoo and a hundred other uses im sure, but it taste's like castor oil if you try it haha! not knocking BT i always have some and use it as my *big GUN* just prefer not to smoke it haha! 

20. Like other sprays its the UV light and air that really breaks it down.