Bud Trimmer

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Purple16, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Hey guys,

Just looking for some advice on an affordable bud trimmer (like the bowl kind with the manual spin knob) I only grow 2-3 plants at a time but it still takes me a couple hours to trim them. With 2 kids to watch, that is a lot of time to spend on trimming plants. Looking to save some time without damaging the weed and something that doesn't break the bank.

Thanks!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Why don't you trim the bud when kids are at school/alseep?

3. Well unfortunately my 3 year old is not in school yet. And my 1 month old relies on me to breastfeed her quite frequently. Also they go to sleep when I go to sleep and wake up when I do or shortly after (i usually wake up at 7am and go to sleep at 11pm) and they don't nap for extended periods of time.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Oh damn that sucks when you said kids I thought you meant older then toddlers :laughing: yeah you'd be best off with a machine then :) hopefully someone can help you :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. It wasn't as difficult when I had 1 kid, but with 2 someone needs me constantly. My husband works 11 hours a day too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I can’t help with the trimmer but I feel ya with the children mine are 5 months & 2 years the struggle is real .:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yes! When I get started I don't want to be interrupted and just get it all done so I can put it away. I hate losing my temper with my 3 year old for just wanting my attention. So I would rather get a solution that minimizes my time spent to something that could fit in a nap's timeframe .

8. Sometime I quick trim the fans off and just cure as is. Trim each nug as you need. End up with some dank trim in the bottom of your jar too.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

9. That's what I did last time. More than likely will be using that whole batch for cannabutter, but we shall see.

10. Those bud trimmers really beat the buds up.

How about drawing things out and spreading the load? If your plants aren't that big, and you are doing it solo - the last week before harvest you can start pulling fan leaves. The day before you can even start trimming the buds on the plant. By harvest day, you can just wet trim what's left and it'll be quick. That's how I'd do it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. That is my hesitation. Def dont want to beat anything up.