Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bud that 'crackles'

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by falcon10911, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Now, I recently got a half ounce of some decent beasters or what-have-you call it. But it's decent buds, gets me stoned, but when I smoke it it seems to crackle and kind of fizz. I assume this is because the grower did not properly flush it of nutrients before harvest, but my question is, is it still alright to smoke?

Gets kind of harsh sometimes, but it doesn't seem to affect anything else.. It works great in joints and my bong but like I mentioned, it gets harsh from time to time using pipes and my gravity bong.

2. Could have seeds in it.

3. That's most likely what the issue is. You see this alot more with beasters cause it's mass produced for the reason of making as much profit as possible. Not much love is put into the growing of beasters and it isn't always flushed properly.

It's fine to smoke but it might give you a headache somewhere down the line. The only people who should worry is people who have allergic reactions to such chem based nutes.

4. Thanks for the responses! There's no seeds in it but I think TidesOvChange set things straight. I haven't got any headaches yet, so im satisfied with my buds for now. Makes me kind of regret getting this green but as long as its all good..

Peace

5. Yeah this happened to me too when i picked up an 1/8 of northern lights. It tasted fine and didnt give me a headache but it crackled like you described.

6. Check for seeds, and get all your stems out. You'll taste the nutrients if your along time smoker, and if your not sure dont smoke it....

Would you go in your garage and pull out a handful of fetlizer and pack that shit in a bong and rip it to all hell and and and and and.
    I know I wouldnt unless I want to go to the ICU

7. dont you think he would have noticed if it was seeds....

I have got bud like this before, one reason may be that the bud was grown in mineral/nutrient rich soil. If too much of a certain nutrient is used(i forget the name of the specific one), then it can produce crackling.

8. yeah i've had weed snap crackle and then pop on me.

9. Use the search feature. Most likely a hermie.

10. Pretty sure it's because it wasn't flushed right, I've smoked weed like that before and didn't have a problem with it. Just don't smoke it all the time :D

11. Because the amount of nutrients in a bowl of marijuana equates to the same amount of nutrients of an entire bowl of garden fertilizer would have.

That's like saying you're getting the same amount of almonds from a can of mixed nuts as you would a can of almonds.

The fuck.

12. It could be the new grit weed with ground up shards of glass..?

13. not really...when i buy dank i never look for seeds...9 times out of 10 there arent gonna be any seeds right....or you my friend must be smokin mid...:wave:

14. dont listen to the first people.. its NOT seeds or stems in your bud..

its literally just the bud because chances are they weren't dried properly and what you're hearing are the juices in the buds burning.. I have that all the time man, you're smoking a PLANT and of course it will make a sizzle sizzle sound when its on fire. dont worry about it.

15. I was mearly saying no matter how much you take in your going to feel it.
    The negative health effects that is.

Like radiation and the Health commission regulations. It dosent matter how much radiation you get, its bad for you in any amount.

16. Wasn't flushed properly / some kind of additive / ground up sparklers

/ thread

17. Does it also snap or pop? You may have bought Rice Krispies and not weed.

18. well... down here in FL.. we call it good weed if u hear it when u hit the blunt.... Dats Dat Loud. haaa.

19. You really don't know what you're talking about do you. It most certainly does matter how much radiation you get... almost everything emits radiation if it was bad in miniscule quantities then you wouldn't be able to sit in the sun or use a cellphone.

There's actually a limit as to the "safe" amount of radiation one can absorb every year... That's why you're only allowed to get a certain amount of X-Rays a year.. the doctor's office will keep track of it to make sure you don't get too much.

20. Most likely wasnt flushed leaving behind some chemicals/residue in the bud and leaves, ive had some bud like that before still gets you high but tastes horrrible. Don't buy that bud again