Bud Rot = Early Harvest :'( Need Help!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ash417, Mar 29, 2010.

1. My indoor crop got hit with bud rot. I'm finding small rot spots in most of the tops - I'm cutting out the affected areas and making iso hash with them. The smaller / popcorn buds didn't get affected - just the big, dense ones =(

I have a couple questions. First, Can bud rot spread after harvest? If so, what can I do to minimize that? I'm sure there are millions of mold spores in the air and tiny rot spots that I can't see in the buds that I'm salvaging.
    I'm going to be drying / curing for the next few weeks - I'm guessing I'll have to over-dry my harvest a little. Is this right?

Also - can you make cannabutter with herb that's been affected by botrytis? At what temperature do the spores die?

Any help from experienced / knowledgeable harvesters will be *much* appreciated.

2. Mold can and will spread after you harvest your plants. You need to be sure to get them nice and dry. When dealing with mold like this there is always a trade off - drying the bud faster will help ensure the mold doe snot spread as much, but at the same time a fast dry lowers quality.