Bud production

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kesaber, Jan 12, 2018.

1. I have grown in the past, but have very little experience. I am going to do a DWC grow in a 2x2.5ft grow tent. I have a 400w light and will turn it down to 50% so that I don't have to buy another light. If I am using 200w of light in a small space how much bud can I expect?

I know this is a difficult question as it depends on many factors, but what is a reasonable range I can expect? 2-6 ounces? 4-10? I am worried the electricity cost may be more than going and buying from a dispensary.

2. #2 Dr acula, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    They say if everything is really good you can expect a gram per watt. But i wouldn’t expect that. Running a 200 watt light won’t be that much. You shouldn’t dim a hps light though it can mess up the spectrum the bulb is designed for or whatever. The mh is ok though i believe. I would run it on 400 if u want to get more bud. Dwc is awesome. But you will need a way to keep your water cold otherwise i would pick another method of growing it. It will be hard with the heat in that small tent with a powerfull hps light without a chiller. Which tend to be pretty high. You might get away with it, but i got tired of figting root problems in my dwc

3. You're going to want 50-80 watts per square ft. For flower. Like 30 watts per square ft for veg.

2x2.5 is 5 sq ft. 250+ watts for flower.

If you've done your research is say between .5-.7 grams per watt. So 125 grams on the low end for your first run? 4.5 oz on low end probably.