Bud density

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by natedognas, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Have. 6x8 tent and have had four very successful grows but my problem lies in that besides colas which i topped several times all lower buds dont get any density too them. I was thinking of using gravity bud harder by humboldt . I also have tried putting light low pointing on lower branches and i strip bottom 8 inches so not to waste energy. Ne suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

2. Lst but am choosing 1 strain for sog between c99 chemdawg or pineapple x

3. #4 Jellyman, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2012
    Many factors affect bud density, the foremost being genetics. Nutrient levels can as well. It's a good idea to cause some slight burn on the tips of the lowest & oldest leaves by harvest time. This shows without a doubt that they were fed well, assuming a good NPK ratio was used along with all the necessary micros.

If your previous grows encountered any leaf damage during late flowering, that could point to a deficiency that could decrease bud density. If that was the case, please post any info of and any pics you have of the damage.

Lighting can also have an effect. A poor spectrum often causes wispy buds.

4. Thats why I lollipop them.Google it if you dont know what it is.Or get lighting around the sides.

You could also cut the top buds when they are ready and let the bottom stuff fill in over another couple weeks.

5. [quote name='"xDisciplex"']Thats why I lollipop them.Google it if you dont know what it is.Or get lighting around the sides.

You could also cut the top buds when they are ready and let the bottom stuff fill in over another couple weeks.[/quote]

This is wat im trying now leavings lowers a extra week. And the leaf tip burning thing i didnt kno. I feed regularly and do give micros as well Am also thinking of stripping bottom few inches of branches next time jus leave bud on tip see if helps lower buds give energy To just one nice bud on tip instead of 4 smaller wispy ones.

6. Yo! U wanna minimize trimming wile in flowering, you should lolipop at the beggining of flowering, and keep in mind that nutes does play a huge role in flowerin phase,something like big bud will give u dence buds, but its all determined at the begggining of flowering, if youre more than 2weeks into flowering i would just let it grow and only trim the dead leafs.

7. harvest the top and leave the bottom for about a week, less if need be. ive read alot of people recommending that!!

8. Use silica and liquid lead, doubled the density in my buds last time. I also added a 130w 6400k cfl, made huge difference, the little 24w cfls do stuff all for density unless you have a lot.

9. c99 is terrible for sog, would be better for scrog but its way too branchy and stretchy for sog.

10. keep temps low... high temps can cause some airy buds... also try a good bloom enhancer..idk what nutrients you use, if they are organic or synthetic, but ive noticed a huge response to using gh liquid kool bloom. still the bottom buds are always going to be smaller and pretty much worthless..trim off small branches in the beginning stretch of flower especially if you lst,fim, or top the plant and have multiple tops. sucks trimming tiny ass dangler nugs :(

11. :wave: Getting the lights closer gives me dense buds but I can onl do this in winter when the temps are low enough. During summer I have to raise the lights and then then the buds start to get a big airy.

LST helps so that the buds are around the same height.

Also hitting them with a product call Overdrive at week 5 of flowering really makes the buds swell :smoke:

12. Forget the nasty chemicals. I know it gets repetitive. I'll opt for a plant and humus based soil though. Kelp meal and K-mag teas are probably the closest thing to a density/resins enhancer that I use. Some thing about increasing cannabis hormones, and K-mag's sulphur producing metabolites.

13. [quote name='"Panda85"']

c99 is terrible for sog, would be better for scrog but its way too branchy and stretchy for sog.[/quote]

Thank you Helps with decision