Bud Burner

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by badwolf4, Feb 28, 2009.

1. I just bought one of these:

http://www.grasscity.com/img/products/pipes_metal_bud_burner.jpg

I like the fact that you can just stick it in your pocket right after using it for stealth. Also, the concept of that long smoke path seems like a good idea. The brass pipe I have burns the tongue and roof of the mouth.

Has anyone else used this pipe above? I'm looking forward to getting it

2. that actually looks really cool, ive never seen one of them before. definately interested to hear how it works

3. I'll do a review when I get it (and when I get something to put in it).

4. I've got one too, works great. Although the first time it didn't taste very well, but that dissappeared.

ps: mine was called budbomb, not bud burner, but it seems to be the exact same thing

5. yeah! Ive seen that at the local headshop... It was $30 though! The chick said its a great way to get blasted and the thing cools down smoke slightly. Looks wicked but where do you put the bud into?

6. that looks cool.

How does it work though?
    Is it like a metal chillum && how does it cool down the smoke? lol.
    I've actually never seen those at any of the headshops in my area.

I'd get that, but i'm too addicted to glass right now. lol.

7. #7 badwolf4, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
    Referring to the picture:

http://www.grasscity.com/img/products/pipes_metal_bud_burner.jpg

It looks like you'd load the bud into the end piece (the piece with all the holes) and there's a screen inside that middle cylinder.

Then it cools the smoke because it has to travel all the way down that spiral core shown and into the mouthpiece. So the longer it has to travel, the cooler the smoke will be. I'm hoping to get it soon.

I haven't tried a nice glass pipe yet.

From the looks of it, the Bud Bomb was the original and the Bud Burner was the copy cat for less cash.

Here's the Bud Bomb:

[​IMG]

8. I also considered this pipe:

[​IMG]

Which I think works like you add ground up stash into that large cylinder and you cock the smaller tube which loads the bud into the bowl all automatic like. But it seemed a little too iffy about whether it would work well, it doesn't have a long cool down tube, and it's probably kinda cheaply made. It is cheap in price, but with shipping and transaction fees: it would be at least $15US.

Someday I might buy it though.

9. Looks sick dude.

But, i do recommend getting a glass piece. Yeah its a little extra money, but you wont be disappointed

10. I do plan on getting a glass pipe in the future. Mostly a nice glass bong.

My goal here was a pipe that was rugged and stealthy: slip it out the pocket for a quick drag and tuck it back in.

But...

It just got delivered. It looks like it will serve that purpose mentioned above, but the tolerances of the machining means that half or more of the smoke will bypass the coil and go straight out the mouthpiece. It also looks as though 1000 of these pipes were in a box shipped from China and have dings and scratches to show for it. Also, the machining of the cylinder and/or the end piece wobbles a bit when screwing it together which means something was off center.

I wonder how well the bomb's tolerances are, and it looked shipped to the door.

I would give you a review now, but I have nothing to put in it as of yet.

11. I understand how it works, but how do you light it??

12. hold lighter in front of the 3 holes, suck in.

13. I almost bought that pipe but then I bought a glass pipe instead.

14. should have gotton the soapstone budburner

15. if bender from Futurama had a dick...it would look like the bud burner. lol jk

16. my buddy had one of these...it just was not the same shape and shit. same purpose though.

it ripped super hard for a chillum type deal.